New MetroStars Jersey

Breakwood

word, the whole metrostars image has always been underwhelming, how many teams in professional sports use a five-pointed star in their logo? far too many. the metrostars crest is barren and bland, and the wordmark is just strange.

anybody remember the old metros' alt logo, the taxicab?

bring back the cosmos.

when do we get to see the FC Dallas kits?

they've already played some preseason games, right? what have they been wearing in those games?

did i miss the unveiling? i can't find pics anywhere. i've heard they'll be red and white hoops, but i want to see a photo.

word, the whole metrostars image has always been underwhelming, how many teams in professional sports use a five-pointed star in their logo?

They're the MetroStars, what do you want them to have in their logo?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

How about a large tentacled octopus riding a big red and white space rocket over some mountains in the background? Maybe get some cool gorilla or possibly a multi-armed robot of some sort on the outside of the shield holding it up?

Just a thought. :D

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Call me crazy, but I thought that adidas became the official sponser of MLS and the supplier of all uniforms. I guess the changeover didn't happen yet.

Adidas will outfit all teams in MLS in 2006 as part of their 10 year leaguewide sponsorship deal.

This year Puma will outfit Chicago. Nike will outfit LA and the Metrostars.

There have been serious rumors that Adidas bought out Reebok's contract with New England but nothing has been confirmed yet.

Adidas will outfit the other seven teams. The DC and Columbus kits have ben released. Salt Lake, Colorado, FC Dallas, KC and San Jose will be released sometime in March. Adidas will have their stuff on sale by April 1st.

patriotssignature.png

how about almost any variation on a star? a star at an angle, an 8-pointed star, a star with the skyline of east rutherford inlaid, a shooting star, anything except for what they have now, which shows no imagination and is so generic it could represent a team from anywhere.

word, the whole metrostars image has always been underwhelming, how many teams in professional sports use a five-pointed star in their logo? far too many. the metrostars crest is barren and bland, and the wordmark is just strange.

anybody remember the old metros' alt logo, the taxicab?

bring back the cosmos.

The MetroStars' image has always been underwhelming because the name itself is so underwhelming. It's a goofy, made-up name that seems to have been chosen as much for its copyrightablity as for anything else.

I don't remember the cab logo. Was it hideous?

As for the Cosmos, I remember them, and at the time I thought it was a bad name. I understand that there isn't that much soccer history from which to draw, but still I'm not sure if I want to see the name or color scheme back.

The MetroStars new unis look like an American version of AC Milan.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

they've had that AC Milan look for a while now. I been hoping the Crew would go back to their original look, the current duds are painfully bland and there was no need to dump the originals in the first place.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

actually, the new metrostars kits are an exact copy of Inter Milan's new kits, with red instead of the nerazzuri blue. check it out

118775-010.jpg

this is using nike's "total 90" style kit.

AC Milan, who uses black and red stripes, is actually supplied by Adidas, using their "Ezzezia" style kit, shown here below

369572-50.jpg

does anyone know where we can see pics of the dc and columbus kits revealed already?

OD_Signature.jpg

As for the Cosmos, I remember them, and at the time I thought it was a bad name. I understand that there isn't that much soccer history from which to draw, but still I'm not sure if I want to see the name or color scheme back.

personally, i think the "New York Cosmos" name is amongst the most well-known in american soccery history, and certainly the most famous team from the old NASL. The Cosmos won five NASA championships and featured such world-famous players as Pele, Franz Beckenbauer, Girogio Chinaglia and Adranik Eskandarian (father of the current DC United star).

here's a tad-outdated site campaigning to bring the cosmos back:

http://www.soccernova.com/html/activism/co...os_campaign.htm

and this is a great, well-done, site all about the Cosmos:

http://www.nycosmos.com/

as for the logo tip, i think their iconic logo and clean, neat jersey scheme are timeless. They would look very sharp today.

Wait a second!

If MLS dosen't have shirt sponsors for their kit like most professional teams outside North America, why do they opt to have small crest on their jerseys?

I can't believe I just noticed that! It's actually quite illogical when you think of it, unless they're doing it just to try to fit in to a global football/soccer sterotype people have.

Bizzare! :blink:

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Archived