Dunk Contest

HappyBrownie13

I thought that was during Chris Smith's 15th attempt on the long toss dunk.

You mean Chris Anderson? Barkley may have said it then too, but the first one was during the Shooting Stars challenge. It was kind of a running joke throughout the night.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I heard there was only 4 contestants and three of them weren't even on the All-Star Team.

If I owned the league everyone on the All-Star teams would compete in a skills challenge, 3-point contest, and slam dunk contest.

Oh and you get one dunk per turn. You miss, sucks to be you. NEXT!

the CBA only requires the guys VOTED to the game to participate in anything.

Someone somewhere suggested having a fan vote on the dunk contest to get the stars back in it. Other than that they are not obligated.

Who know's after there lockout this summer, maybe Stern can get that in there.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I wish they would eliminate the fan voting from the all-star game, or make it a much lesser part of deciding who the starters are. I know it's only a meaningless game, but it's still an honor regardless, and too many undeserving players get to go, let alone start.

IUe6Hvh.png

The only way to get to stars to enter year in and year out is to up the purse.

Give 100 K to the winner and I guarantee Kobe, J-Rich, Lebron, and Carter will enter. That's my ultimate foursome btw.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The dunk contest was pretty good. Thank god they had Josh Smith in there or it would have been another bomb. Amare Stoudemire is a great dunker but like Magic Johnson said, Josh Smith can sour and Amare can't. This was the best dunk contest I can remember since the one in Oakland where Vince Carter took home the title.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Give 100 K to the winner and I guarantee Kobe, J-Rich, Lebron, and Carter will enter. That's my ultimate foursome btw.

Kobe couldn't afford a decent "Forgive me" ring for a 100K. I don't think 100k brings out the stars. I can't believe there is a sponsor who could pony up $1 Million, then you might get a decent field.

semperfi.gif

Give 100 K to the winner and I guarantee Kobe, J-Rich, Lebron, and Carter will enter.  That's my ultimate foursome btw.

Kobe couldn't afford a decent "Forgive me" ring for a 100K. I don't think 100k brings out the stars. I can't believe there is a sponsor who could pony up $1 Million, then you might get a decent field.

Decent Field? Are you kidding me, Michael Jordan would come out of retirement to dunk for a mil.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

ONE MILLION Will never happen.

point is...it's gotta be more than the current purse.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Give 100 K to the winner and I guarantee Kobe, J-Rich, Lebron, and Carter will enter.  That's my ultimate foursome btw.

Decent Field? Are you kidding me, Michael Jordan would come out of retirement to dunk for a mil.

Good. The point is get a decent field.

If you fill it, people will watch. Jordan, Wilkins, James, Kobe. Think of the advertising campaign you could have for that.

semperfi.gif

I don't think it needs to be the stars, playing. Personally, if they took all the stars, does Josh Smith get his chance in this contest? I would say no.

Having all the stars would be great until you're a Cleveland fan and LeBron comes down akwardly on his ankle, or something like that. I say give the spotlight to the other guys for a change.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived