Celtics shorts WTF

buster04

The end of an era. Some will be thankful and others will mourn its passing...

Personally, I agree with a previous poster that the Celtics shouldn't be toyed with this way. It's like the Yankees... the brand is rock solid and transcends fads.

At the very least it will be interesting to see the general reaction to the entire alt uniform the club has come up with.

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Actually, IMO I think they are nice looking, only thing I'd change is white around the Shamrock. Sharp looking bottoms.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Those look kick @$$.

Of course, they're the Celtics. They have one of the best uniforms and identity packages in the NBA!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

no way. call me a traditionalist all you want, but those are terrible.

i wouldn't mind a celts alternate per se, but black? it's never been one of their colours so why now all of a sudden?

n.w.a. was popular 14 years ago, can we move past sports teams trying to go gangsta? even the l.a. kings gave up the ghost.

how about incorporating some orange for a third jersey, aka real irish colours.

Black is in the team's logo. It's part of the outline around the leprechaun and his shoes.

Just because a team adds black doesn't mean it's trying to go gangsta.

It's definitely a debatable point. I'll present my side.

Until the 90's the Raiders were one of the few pro teams to prominently use the color black. N.W.A., and other gangsta rap groups heavily rocked Raiders and Kings gear as part of a generally black-colored wardrobe. The Raiders and Kings were adopted by other gangsta rap groups and gangs themselves. Kids followed suit, and this was one factor, arguably a main factor, in the flood of pro teams adding black to their color schemes.

And my bad, the leprechaun is indeed wearing black pants, but they are the Celtics, their jerseys have always been green and white, their logo features light orange/yellow until their 50th anniversary when the logo featured gold. I just don't envision black as part of a Celtic/Irish color scheme. green, white, orange.

Somehow I can't imagine Celtic of Glasgow rocking a black alternate.

and for the record, I love gangsta rap.

Black is in the team's logo. It's part of the outline around the leprechaun and his shoes.

Just because a team adds black doesn't mean it's trying to go gangsta.

It's definitely a debatable point. I'll present my side.

Until the 90's the Raiders were one of the few pro teams to prominently use the color black. N.W.A., and other gangsta rap groups heavily rocked Raiders and Kings gear as part of a generally black-colored wardrobe. The Raiders and Kings were adopted by other gangsta rap groups and gangs themselves. Kids followed suit, and this was one factor, arguably a main factor, in the flood of pro teams adding black to their color schemes.

And my bad, the leprechaun is indeed wearing black pants, but they are the Celtics, their jerseys have always been green and white, their logo features light orange/yellow until their 50th anniversary when the logo featured gold. I just don't envision black as part of a Celtic/Irish color scheme. green, white, orange.

Somehow I can't imagine Celtic of Glasgow rocking a black alternate.

and for the record, I love gangsta rap.

I can understand your point and I agree with you to an extent but those shorts still look good whether it goes against tradition or not. :D

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived