Blue Jays concept

The_Admiral

bluejayshome1.JPG

bluejaysroad1.JPG

Synopsis:

-I restyled the cap logo to work more as a T and a J at once.

-3-D metallic effect is gone at the expense of 2-D blue

-no graphite nor black caps, just blue

-names are italic and straight not because I'm lazy but I wanted to try it on just one team since I think everyone has the names with the typical arch; I think even the Braves have redone theirs to look less like the hockey sweater style of arching.

-It's the 96 Patriots font.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

cool, it looks like the blue jay blue of old. 10/10

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

I could absolutely live with them wearing something like that, nice job!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Excellent way to make the current logo and wordmark work.

However, you have blue stirrups over blue sanitaries. Did you forget to make the sanitaries white?

Also, one strange thing is that the white that is between the blue letters and the black backdrop on the word "Toronto" seems to get wider and brighter at the tops of the two Ts and the N. However, I am guessing that this is an illusion that would disappear if the whole thing were scaled up.

-no graphite nor black caps, just blue

How frustrating it is that the Blue Jays have so little blue in their uniforms. You have applied the obvious correction, which is overall pretty reminiscent of the Photoshopped pictures that Chris did last September.

-3-D metallic effect is gone at the expense of 2-D blue

Good man!

-names are italic and straight not because I'm lazy but I wanted to try it on just one team since I think everyone has the names with the typical arch;

Making the names straight is a nice touch, though I am not so sold on the italic (either for the names or the numbers).

Straight names have been done before, but not too many times that I can recall off the top of my head. The A's had straight names on the backs of their unis in the 70s, and I believe the did Reds as well when they had the names below the numbers in the early 60s on this uni style.

I think even the Braves have redone theirs to look less like the hockey sweater style of arching.

Now, with the Braves, you are talking about arching taken to the next level, where each individual letter is skewed differently, depending on where it falls in the name. My brother the uni expert calls this "vertical arch". This is the typical hockey style (though, of course, some hockey teams do use straight letters). Whereas, in the normal arch, ordinary unskewed letters are just arranged in an arch.

If you are saying that the Braves are eliminating vertical arch, then I am happy about that. Vertical arch is frustrating because a letter can appear in what seems like an infinite number of ways. For instance, any given letter will look different as the first letter of a 4-letter name than it would as the first letter of a 5-letter name, a 6-letter name, and so on; and also different than it would as the second letter of a 4-letter name, a 5-letter name, and so on; etc. down the line.

When you avoid vertical arch, every A is idential, every B is identical, and so on. This, to me, is more regular and more attractive.

It has been possible to make a side-by-side comparison of this in several instances over the last few years because the uniforms of guys whom the Braves acquire mid-season usually do not have their names in vertical arch, but rather in unskewed letters sewn on in an arch. I would be pleased to see the Braves make this their regular style.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

imo the current blue jays logo, colour, and uni package is awful. however u did a great job improving on it. its not better then the ws era unis or the late 90's unis, but it is 100x better then what they currently use. great job.

Yeah, nothing will ever match the original Blue Jay logo, or the best Blue Jay uniforms ever, the ones they wore from 1989-96. Actually, the unis became perfect in 1993, when the team started wearing the solid blue caps at home as well as on the road.

nhhGhgUf.jpgstory_image.jpg

It just drives me nuts when a team discards a beautiful, recognizable, signature logo and uni -- and then replaces it with something vastly inferior, to boot! The Blue Jays are the best example of this, and I think the second-best is the Denver Broncos.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Yeah, these look pretty good!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

However, you have blue stirrups over blue sanitaries. Did you forget to make the sanitaries white?

...yes <_<

As for hockey arching, I'm sorry, but I think it looks great. I think more teams should use it. I think the Baltimore Orioles did once and that might be a cool change of pace from their rounded-off bold block letters (font = Underachiever Sans)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived