New nickname for Vancouver fantasy baseball team

GeorgesL

What nickname would you give the Vancouver franchise for my fantasy baseball league? I'll make the logo for the winning choice later.  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i said other and I choose Vancouver Villains

There's already a team in Vancouver called the Villains. They're better known as the B.C. Lions. :D

Or the Bertuzzis!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

When I applied to MLF and CFA, my proposed team was the Vancouver Mounties. Small world...

anyways, another name that I tried for, and failed, but still thought would be cool...

"The Vancouverines" (Vancouver + wolverines) you could probabley make some nice concepts for that one :D

Well, if the winning choice is Mounties, and it appears it will be, here's what the logo would look like:

mountieslogo.jpg

You made a nice logo here. But in this context, what is "mounties" referring to?

When I hear mounties I think about the Dudley Do-Right, though more serious and not cartoons. I would put some reference to the actual mounties in your logo.

Thanks, randyc! Actually simplicity was one of the main aspects I was looking for.

And yes, the name "mounties" refers to the RCMP, and the original logo called for a bat wearing a Mountie hat. It was too Yankees, so I decided not to go with it. But British Columbia is a very mountainous province, especially around Vancouver. A "mountie", in this case, could mean a mountain, or a mountaineer, but clearly the nickname refers to the officers on horseback.

While Vancouver has mountains, they seem like big hills compared to what you'll find in the Eastern part of the province where the Rockies are...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived