SI Players Poll: Coolest NBA Uniforms

eddie010

Oh, man, I'm such a geek for doing this, especially this soon, but I scanned the SI Players Poll from my most recent issue of Sports Illustrated (April 18 2005), that I received no less than an hour ago. I couldn't resist, because I'm sure it would generate some sort of reaction. Well, here is the scan (apologies if it's bad quality):

poll.jpg

Very interesting stuff, here. Draw your own conclusions, keeping in mind that NBA players were polled. I would have honestly thought Cleveland would have at least been in the top five. I was actually surprised with the Lakers and Knicks. Oh well. What do ya'll think?

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Yea, not trying to be a homer here, but it's quite perplexing that Cleveland didn't even get a single "cool" vote. Also, I'm kinda surprised the T-Wolves didnt get any votes, at least theyre uni's are different w/o being Charlotte different!

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Love how the Mavs show up in the top five on both sides of that. :) And I definitely would have voted for Cleveland and/or Seattle in the "coolest" category.

Love how the Mavs show up in the top five on both sides of that. :) And I definitely would have voted for Cleveland and/or Seattle in the "coolest" category.

maybe they were talking about those gawd awful 3rd green unis that P. Diddy made for them

I am suprised that the Cavs got NO cool votes.

I thought it was funny that Dallas was in both. I would put Dallas as #1 most overrated and top five ugliest.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

Β 

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

More disturbing is where it says the Pacers won for best looking unis in an NBA.com poll. I mean.....the PACERS?!?!?!?!

We can thank Larry Bird for those nasty Pacers unis. They don't look NBA quality. Pinstripes? Are they trying to make a 6' guy look thinner?

Put me on the list who LIKE the Cavaliers unis and are surprised they are not on the list. They are clean and classy.

I can also see how the Heat and Nuggets are on the cool list. Especially the heat, with a well-balanced color scheme and good lines.

More disturbing is where it says the Pacers won for best looking unis in an NBA.com poll. I mean.....the PACERS?!?!?!?!

We can thank Larry Bird for those nasty Pacers unis. They don't look NBA quality. Pinstripes? Are they trying to make a 6' guy look thinner?

Put me on the list who LIKE the Cavaliers unis and are surprised they are not on the list. They are clean and classy.

I can also see how the Heat and Nuggets are on the cool list. Especially the heat, with a well-balanced color scheme and good lines.

Well they are changing this season

The FloJo uniforms were definitely the best. Very 90s, but like a lot of 90s NBA uniforms, it's what I (and probably many others) associate with the Pacers.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Love how the Mavs show up in the top five on both sides of that. :)Β  And I definitely would have voted for Cleveland and/or Seattle in the "coolest" category.

maybe they were talking about those gawd awful 3rd green unis that P. Diddy made for them

bah... you know nothing :)

Knicks??

Where are the Sixers :P

Come to think of it, I've never really been impressed by the 76ers unis.

They should go back to the ones from the early Dr. J days.

erving02.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

If you are talking about the Lakers jerseys as being #1, they choose the right picture because the white Lakers jerseys are great. I love them. I usually like most teams away jerseys better than their home because they are a color and not just white, but the Lakers in white is a beautiful sight. I think the Cavs jerseys are nice too, although I am a Cavs fan so I'm biased. I love the Heat jerseys. They are really nice with the red and black.

Archived