2005 NFL Draft

bosox

#2  Who said that Jones was Faulk?  He's only in his second year!  Faulk has been in the league for at least 10 years.  He already made a name for himself.  Jones will also make a name for himself as well in the future.  So I don't see a problem with Jones at all.  If he didn't get injured last season he would had at least 1,100 yards.

I was assuming you were making the comparison of Jones to Faulk since you compared the current Lions to the past Rams teams of Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Holt (coincidentaly on ESPN as we speak), etc. Jones will never be the backfield force Faluk was in his prime, buti figured you already knew that..

never compared, but I do think they will have a nice offense this year. When I said the new St. Louis Rams, I said it more of a joke than anything else. Saying that Jones will never be a Faulk in his Prime, that is true...Thats like saying Faulk will never be a Smith or Barry. Reason why I say that is, all men make names for themselves. Faulk made a name for himself Emmit Smith did it for himself and the Greatest Detroit Lion of all-time Barry Sanders made a name for himself as well. So I do still believe that names like Portis, Jones or any other Runningback in the future will make a name for themselves, because they will.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lilg, he left me sore for the whole week. Fortunately, once he saw that he was going to hit me instead of the practice dummy, he tried to stop. Thankfully, he only shoved me back 5 yards and made my feet go a few feet off the ground.

Flame, I assume that clip you saw was from the Marshall game when he turned Stan Hill into mincemeat. We practiced that technique all week before that game. Also, I really was able to see first hand how Demarcus worked because I'm assigned to the DE's during practice. When doing agility drills, he would do them like they were nothing. He is going to make a great player in Dallas, whether he does play DE or LB.

Heres hoping Cleveland, or Tampa trade into Green Bay's slot to grab Rodgers. I like Rodgers but still don't think we need a QB, and Im sure we could get a nice package for it.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Heres hoping Cleveland, or Tampa trade into Green Bay's slot to grab Rodgers. I like Rodgers but still don't think we need a QB, and Im sure we could get a nice package for it.

very true, but I know that Green Bay has had some concern replacing Brett, so if they don't take Rodgers, I do think Oakland will snatch him up in the draft. They certainly do need a good Quarterback

Very Solid draft for Dallas, thats for sure. And it kills me but Minnesota is continuing to improve.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived