Syracuse SkyChiefs Name Change?

Waffles

It's official... they're back to being the "Syracuse Chiefs."

They are using the Blue Jays colors now and are featuring a train in the primary logo. Not a bad look. The train is a nice shout out to the railroad tracks behind the right field fence.

M3WpOsZu.jpg

Not bad at all. A little busy, but I can live with it.

I'd rather see an "S" on the cap, though....

shop300x250.gif

ah, so you wanna go around like your head's bulletproof, huh? :P

I keed, I keed :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

hmm a ball on the front of a train who would habve thought of that... hmmm... some genius i suppose...lol... once again im a man ahead of my time... lol... that being said... i like the new look for the former skychiefs... very classy

railerslogo.gif

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

This is the proper way to show your affiliation with your major league club. I had no idea that Syracuse was related to the Toronto Organization until I saw this logo. Just by using the same colors and similar type treatment, you know exactly who it relates to...without using the exact same logo, font, mascot, etc.

I like this logo, a bit busy like was said...but overally very nice.

This is the proper way to show your affiliation with your major league club. I had no idea that Syracuse was related to the Toronto Organization until I saw this logo. Just by using the same colors and similar type treatment, you know exactly who it relates to...without using the exact same logo, font, mascot, etc.

I like this logo, a bit busy like was said...but overally very nice.

I agree with your thoughts. I like it when affiliates have similar aspects of uni and or logo design without overtly being named the Cedar Rapids Reds or Staten Island Yankees.

The Greenville Drive is another team that comes to mind that does this nicely- they have their own name but incorporate some of the identity of the BoSox in their own logos and uniforms. The Rochester BP hat of FC in the Twins style of TC is nice as well.

fade.gif

It's nice that my hometown team went back to Chiefs, but part of me is still nostalgic for the old logo worn by guys like Shawn Green, Carlos Delgado, Chris Weinke and the immortal Sabado Domingo. Dude's name was Saturday Sunday. He was my favorite.

There's also an alt logo I saw briefly on the morning news here this morning of a jolly-looking baseball-faced conductor. I haven't been able to find it online yet.

Overall, very nice. They solved several problems with this identity, namely linking the team to the parent, getting rid of the stupid Sky- prefix, and getting around the un-PC connotations that led them to get rid of the Chiefs name in the first place (not saying I agree or disagree with it).

What does a train have to do with a chief?

They're not the Syracuse Conductors!

They're not the Syracuse Engineers!

Please, for the love of g-d, use an offensive image of a raging Iroquois holding a tomahawk about to butcher a whole white settlement!

Now that's a CHIEF!

Archived