Nationals idea

dgnmrwrw

While they look good and I understand why you took away the "W", the team name is "Washington Nationals" not "Distric of Columbia Nationals", so I understand the DC-logo as a sleeve patch or alternate logo, but in the cap as a main logo????

WASHINGTON CITY LIMITS ARE COTERMINOUS WITH THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES THEY ARE THE SAME THING. PEOPLE IN WASHINGTON CALL THEIR CITY "D.C." THE TWINS WEAR "T.C." TO DENOTE "TWIN CITIES," SO THERE IS PRECEDENT. I NEVER WANT TO HEAR THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN.

Nice concept by the way, but I do like the Washington script on grey! But it's good

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I personally like the city name on the roads ... the "dc" is good for the alt , maybe just reverse those ??? maybe a white sleeveless alt for home games with the dc on it ??

I like the DC- however I would try a loopy washington on the road and there use the loopy W hat.

Love the secondary logo

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

WASHINGTON CITY LIMITS ARE COTERMINOUS WITH THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA...

By that logic, and given that the City of Philadelphia and County of Philadelphia are coterminous, I am hereby proposing to rename our local teams. So it's only 4 months until the County of Philadelphia Eagles of Philadelphia start their defense of the NFC Championship. They can expect stiffer competition this year from the improved Dallas Cowboys of Irving, New York Giants of East Rutherford, NJ, and the Washington Redskins of Laurel, Maryland in the NFC East of the Middle Atlantic Eastern Seaboard.

DO IT FOR THE COUNTY OF PHILADELPHIA. GO BIRDS!

As for the unis - as long as the Nats are hung up on honoring their "past", it's going to be hard reconciling their present design with the old Senators' "W" no matter what you come up with. They opted for an angular style of print but then top it off with a cursive W. Somehow, the L.A. Dodgers of Los Angeles pull this off in reverse (block letters on cap, cursive on jersey).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

While they look good and I understand why you took away the "W", the team name is "Washington Nationals" not "Distric of Columbia Nationals", so I understand the DC-logo as a sleeve patch or alternate logo, but in the cap as a main logo????

Imagine a game between:

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

vs.

The District of Columbia Nationals

:wacko:

How about the Twin-Cities Twins of Minnesota... oh wait, that goes against your argument :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

TCR, the reason the Twins originally wore a TC was when they first moved to Minnesota, using an M on the cap would have been tantamount to looking like it meant Minneapolis. So instead of coming up with MStP on the cap, they came up with a TC for Twin Cities. You just have to understand the folks in St. Paul to understand why they did this.

Eventually, the TC became a tradition that was brought back to the caps shortly after the death of Calvin Griffith.

But the TC was, basically, a compromise. And you can't compare the situation in Washington, D.C., to what happened in Minnesota.

Imagine a game between:

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

vs.

The District of Columbia Nationals

:wacko:

June 13, 14, 15, 2005 at the Stadium in Anaheim close to Los Angeles. Be there. Arte Moreno wants your money.

I like the DC- however I would try a loopy washington on the road and there use the loopy W hat.

Love the secondary logo

You beat me to it. I have to say I'm not a fan of the current "Washington" wordmark, plus making the pretzel continuous with SOME part of their logo has got to happen, otherwise, ew.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I like the blue brim on the red hat, brings it together nicely

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

TCR, the reason the Twins originally wore a TC was when they first moved to Minnesota, using an M on the cap would have been tantamount to looking like it meant Minneapolis. So instead of coming up with MStP on the cap, they came up with a TC for Twin Cities. You just have to understand the folks in St. Paul to understand why they did this.

Eventually, the TC became a tradition that was brought back to the caps shortly after the death of Calvin Griffith.

But the TC was, basically, a compromise. And you can't compare the situation in Washington, D.C., to what happened in Minnesota.

So your saying the people of St. Paul aren't smart enough to figure out that the M on the cap of the Minnesota Twins stands for Minnesota. Do they not know how to spell their own state?

If the Twins can do it so should the soon to be Senators. BTW way the Twins shouldn't not only is it wrong but it doesn't fit with their scheme (much like Washington's W). Also the Twins won their World Championships with the M on their caps.

I'm working on a concept to where a W stays on the cap but it fits more with the scheme.

Great tweak to the secondary logo.

Personally, I would go with a single hat, the blue with the "DC." Can't say I am a fan of 50,000 different hats.

Just a general note on the Nats (like they are reading this), I would either scrap the Senators era "W" or change their script to match it.

Archived