Best Hats

broysox

I've been a huge addict of this site over the past couple months... just in awe from some of the unbelievable stuff you guys have produced.

I'm a hat fanatic; you can never have enough hats: that's my motto. I was wondering what everyones favorites were. Here are only a couple of mine:

1_640.jpg

3_640.jpg

1_640.jpg

3_640.jpg

I like the relaxed franchise fit. I'm in the market for a new hat; anyone got any good ones?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a class with a kid who wore the BoSox hat, except his had navy rather than red for the back and side panels...the navy looks better IMO. I actually have a Brewers hat(glove logo) in the Franchise style(blue back/side panels w/ white front)...it's incredible. The Nike Ligature(I think that's the name) are nice too...Flex Fits are so comfortable. I have the Angels one...it's the state of Cali with a halo(80s alt. logo) on the front and the normal "A" logo on the back.

I had a class with a kid who wore the BoSox hat, except his had navy rather than red for the back and side panels...the navy looks better IMO. I actually have a Brewers hat(glove logo) in the Franchise style(blue back/side panels w/ white front)...it's incredible. The Nike Ligature(I think that's the name) are nice too...Flex Fits are so comfortable. I have the Angels one...it's the state of Cali with a halo(80s alt. logo) on the front and the normal "A" logo on the back.

I actually own the blue one

1_250.jpg

More of a contrast, but I like the red better

I own 4 of Franchise's hats. 2 Red Sox ones (the all blue w/ red B on it, and the Green one with white B and shamrock on the back) and 2 Jays ones (the modern one in black, and the T bird one). They are the best hats out there, best fit and best look, better then New Era in my opinion.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I actually own the blue one

1_250.jpg

More of a contrast, but I like the red better

I actually have this same exact hat...bought it in July..one of the most comfortable caps I have. GO SOX!

I love the franchise hats. Its just personal preference on fit. I like a low profile cap, plenty of people like the higher profile. As for materials, no you can't beat a 5950. I just don't like the fit, and the bill is too flimsy to me.

Got two cardinal franchise hats, probably that'll start being the only hat I buy. Hopefully I can find a Bears and Illini Cap. I'd love to get a 'DC' Nats one, and a Browns one. Basically, I better get a better job so buy them all. :D

My #1 is still the California Angels of the mid 1970's. I was the first hat I have got at 3.

My second favorite all time hat is the St. Louis Brown, White with Brown bill + orange ST.L. ...

I know many think it is ugly, but that is why I tend to like it. So ugly it is cool...

#3 is the old Tulsa Drillers previous to their current look.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I've become a big fan of the franchise as well. i started out with a royal blue UK(Kentucky) hat then got a black Dallas stars franchise, then the solid blue Red Sox with the Red B, and for christmas last year i got a black Steelers franchise hat. Its hard to find the football franchise hats. So i have one for each of my favorite teams now.

I've become a big fan of the franchise as well. i started out with a royal blue UK(Kentucky) hat then got a black Dallas stars franchise, then the solid blue Red Sox with the Red B, and for christmas last year i got a black Steelers franchise hat. Its hard to find the football franchise hats. So i have one for each of my favorite teams now.

They also make a few NHL hats...but the few teams they have avaliable are HARD to get. I love the fit of the Franchise and some of the Nike hats, and have never liked how New Era's look ok me. The only draw back to the 100% Cotton is once you get them wet from water or sweat, it takes a long time to dry off....

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You can't beat a 5950 and you won't be able to convince me otherwise.  ^_^

I agree totally, 59FIFTY's are the only hats I wear, it just sucks that they are so rare in Australia.

Same goes for me. The other stuff just isn't right. And the only 59Fifty that I got with a flimsy bill was a road Cardinals bill; it just kind of disintergrated. All my others are fine.

My favorites all-time are my old Expos red/white/blue pinwheel (bought on sale, $6, in 1988) and a fitted '83 Padres (with the triangle on the two front panels, and orange outlining the eyelets and the interlocking 'SD', Christmas '83 - right before they won the pennant!). All the knockoff Pads hats back then had the 2 front panels entirely gold, which was horribly wrong. It's going to my first kid, whenever that is - it's a 6 7/8. ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I just got a Broncos draft hat, and I love it. One of the best looking and fitting hats I've ever owned. I've never owned a meshback hat before, but I like the look of it with flexfit.

I also like the Zephyr fitted hats. Great cut, great fit. I've got a great CSU one.

I don't like the cut of the New Era MLB hats... they sit really tall on my head, it seems... to bad too, because if my Red Sox hat fit a little better, I'd wear it more.

I'll throw my 2 cents in here:

59fifty - Love 'em. Can't kill ?em. They last forever (my oldest is something like 12 years old), and look better with time. The "break in" time can be tough - the first year - but after that, it feels like its part of you.

Franchise - Great fitting hat. Feels comfortable right off the bat. No "break in" time with this one, but I can't speak for durability, as I don't have any older than a year...

Flex-fit - In general, not a fan. I've got a couple of different brands, and there are a couple of problems. First, I've got a big head (hey, I'm 6'7 and 320 lbs., a 7 5/8 isn't out of line). The "one-size-fits-all" mentality of t-shirts also doesn't cut it with flex-fit hats. I've got a CCM flex-fit OSFA hat that gives me a headache if I wear it more than 10 minutes. My Nike Tiger Woods OSFA hat was great for a year, but the sweat band shriveled over the winter, and it is almost un-wearable now. My best flex-fit? Richardson. The high school baseball team got incremental sized (I think there are 5 or 6 different sizes from 6 ½ to 8) flex-fit mesh hats two years ago, and they are great. Too bad they got rid of them for this season, as it is now out of style. Good thing the coach gave me (the radio play-by-play guy) the new style, a simple snap-back, for free.

Moose

edit - I forgot to throw my biggest hat pet peeve in - hat depth. A hat should rest halfway between your hairline, and your eyebrows. This hat right at the hairline is uncomfortable as hell. Probably the biggest problem I run into is someone will buy me a hat, as I wear hats regularly, and I hate the way it fits (this usually happens with my wife). If a hat doesn?t fit right, I just won't wear it. I don't care how good looking it is, I won't wear it. Case in point - best Cubs logo, or I guess wordmark, ever - from the 1932 World Series jersey (see below), I have been looking for a hat with that logo on it forever. I finally found one, and it feels horrible. The front falls right at the hairline, and it just doesn't feel right. Point is, I could buy it, and have it sit in my closet, where I'd never wear it. But why? It's a damn shame. CU32W03_W.jpg

I wish I could still wear the Franchise, but my head's too damn huge. I take a size 8 in the 5950s, fer cryin' out loud.

However, the adjustable Franchise style is ok, but it has to fit just right. Or if you're a hat addict like me, you'll pick up a Phillies alt from Target in that style because it was only 4 bucks. Am I a fan of the Phillies? Not really.

kU6ns.gif

Archived