New York Chokers Away Concept

Audiodrama

The avid Red Sox fan that I am, I'm surprised I did this concept. Nevertheless, I like it a hell of alot more than the away uni's they use now. It keeps the pinstripes from their home uniforms, while honoring their tradition of not using names on the back. C&C welcomed:

yankees_away.gif

Its weird to see an elogant font on a baseball jersey, but I think it works.

The reason I put the elegant font on there is b/c I hate how plain and blocky their current away font is...it just looks so ordinary. This way, at least it's their official "New York" wordmark.

Its weird to see an elogant font on a baseball jersey, but I think it works.

The reason I put the elegant font on there is b/c I hate how plain and blocky their current away font is...it just looks so ordinary. This way, at least it's their official "New York" wordmark.

Oh I wasn't second guessing you. You just rarely see it on uniforms. I think it works in this case rather well.

I like what you did with the numbers, but I feel like I have to question the use of white with the "elegant script."

Other than that, I have two ideas which I don't think work. 1)Adding a tail to the name, a la Oakland/Royals or 2)Using this as an opportunity to finally give the Yanks something red in there. I mean, a lot of people have lamented that they don't use red in anything but their logo.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Nice, but please, no pinstripes on gray jerseys.  That's a style that I want to see die a painful death.

Got tired of seeing the Halo's in 'em? :-P

Yes, that was a depressing time in my life. :cry:

VmWIn6B.png

as an alternate, this would work.

much as i hate grey(i find it offensive), if the yankees dropped the red from there color scheme and incorporated grey in to the logo; this would work as an alternate.

heres my suggestion to the yank-offs:

1. update the 1864 lettering to the script in the concept for both the homes and aways. updated ofcourse to fit the home and away respectively.

2. ditch the red from the logo and incorporate grey (at this point i could accept a grey jersey as an alternate since grey is part of the color scheme). Really at this point though a new logo wouldn't hurt. after all the yank-offs have had the same for a hundred and so odd years.

3. make a navy blue road-no pinstripes.

4. use that concept as an alternate.

(ive just doused my self with gasoline, feel free to flame me) :grin:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Can anyone, off hand, think of a team that just used a chest logo on their road jerseys? I mean, I can't think of one off the top of my head, but it could just be late.

nl_1983_sanfrancisco.gif

nl_1985_sandiego.gif

VmWIn6B.png

Can anyone, off hand, think of a team that just used a chest logo on their road jerseys? I mean, I can't think of one off the top of my head, but it could just be late.

nl_1983_sanfrancisco.gif

nl_1985_sandiego.gif

Shoulda known better. I remember those. My bad.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

As a blue-blooded Yankee fan, I think these look pretty damn cool! I know, I know...they go against "tradition" - blah blah blah! But hey...it's just a concept. If they actually made a jersey like this, I'd sport it.

as an alternate, this would work. 

much as i hate grey(i find it offensive), if the yankees dropped the red from there color scheme and incorporated grey in to the logo; this would work as an alternate.

heres my suggestion to the yank-offs:

1. update the 1864 lettering to the script in the concept for both the homes and aways. updated ofcourse to fit the home and away respectively.

2. ditch the red from the logo and incorporate grey (at this point i could accept a grey jersey as an alternate since grey is part of the color scheme).  Really at this point though a new logo wouldn't hurt.  after all the yank-offs have had the same for a hundred and so odd years.

3. make a navy blue road-no pinstripes.

4. use that concept as an alternate. 

(ive just doused my self with gasoline, feel free to flame me) :grin:

Why does grey offend you?

It is one of baseball's better traditions in my opinion. White on the road and grey at home. I wish that teams would wear alternates like once or twice a month and usually go with white vs. grey.

This concept is nice. Ditch the pinstrips and I think you are golden. Look at the most traditional teams and what do most have in common?

Yankees

Cubs

Red Sox

Tigers

They all have great, "do not even think about changing" home uniforms (except that horrid late 70s Red Sox fiasco), but not so much with the roads. Boston changed from boring blue block letters on the road to their current (much better) road in the late 1980s. I think the Yankess used to have roads without the white trim too. The Tigers have changed a few times and the Cubs have a terrible history trying to get their road uniform right.

I honestly think that the Yankees could ditch the pinstrips and use this. You cannot touch their homes, but this would be great on the road.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived