Phillies Primary Logo Concept(Recoloring)

eagles=life

Correct me if I'm wrong but I only noticed you switched the background and trim of the logo. I personally like the "old" way better because in your way the letters are red and the bg is red. Too much red in one spot if you know what i mean.

EDIT: Also, if you're going to change the bg to red, change the crack in the bell to red too.

EDIT II: Omg, I'm really slow today, just noticed the underline is a diff color. I'm not sure why you did that as I think it is best to have the text and it's underline the same color.

EDIT III: OMG, I just realized that somebody mentioned the crack b4 me. Sry :wacko:

For eagles=life (I'm with ya on that one): with a red background behind red letters outlined with only a little bit of white, it's red overkill. I really think the Phils underutilize blue in their uniforms - the hats they wore in the late '40s were really nice. I know they tried bringing back blue hats in the '90s and it failed. But I wouldn't touch the logo.

For iamthedorf: trading black (or is it navy?) for red is a step in the wrong direction. The Phillies have worn red (or burgundy) almost every year since 1883 (except 1903-1910, 1938-1942). If it is black, black doesn't go with blue very well. The fact that some teams have tried to force-feed black into their predominantly-blue color schemes doesn't mean it's right.

And in the future - you're better off starting your own thread with your own ideas submitted for comments than hijacking someone else's thread. Just a thought to keep you from drawing the ire of the board... and :welcome: . Remember - just because I don't agree with your ideas means only that, that one person doesn't share your vision.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I really think the Phils underutilize blue in their uniforms - the hats they wore in the late '40s were really nice. I know they tried bringing back blue hats in the '90s and it failed. But I wouldn't touch the logo.

Can't really say I'm with you here, VD. I actually like the 50's-60's look better than the 40's look (the Blue/Red, not the "Bluejays" years.) I think if they have to have blue, the stars are enough. I don't even like the blue dot on the cap. I'd like them to go back to the zig-zag style pinstripes (a'la Yankees) which would make them look like a true red (and not the pink they look like now) and "loosen" up the script on the jerseys a bit. It just looks too "straight". The 50's-60's one looked a little more... I don't know how to say it..."hand-written" I guess? Something that is a cross of the two would be cool.

However, I will give you this: A solid-white pinstripe-free shirt with Angles style neck / sleeve trim and the current script with a blue outline around the letters and a bluehat / redbrim would be a beautiful sunday alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why does the bell still have a blue crack in it?

Do some basic American history research into the Liberty Bell, numbnuts.

He wasn't asking why there was a crack in it, but why it was still blue. After the recoloring it should have been red.

Do some thinking before you post, numbnuts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good discussion on the Phils. I like the current logo and home uni, I think they are pretty timeless and in time could become like Yankees home, Dodgers home and Red Sox jerseys where they are untouchable. They also do a great job paying tribute to the teams history. The current roads are a little boring IMO. They are classy and nice, but missing is something. I think they could set themselves apart from all the other "red teams" by modernizing the 1949 jersey set.

1949 Phillies jerseys

I would love to see them in modernized versions of these.

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Good discussion on the Phils. I like the current logo and home uni, I think they are pretty timeless and in time could become like Yankees home, Dodgers home and Red Sox jerseys where they are untouchable. They also do a great job paying tribute to the teams history. The current roads are a little boring IMO. They are classy and nice, but missing is something. I think they could set themselves apart from all the other "red teams" by modernizing the 1949 jersey set.

1949 Phillies jerseys

Yeah. That's the set I was referencing in my above post. I think it would make a terrific alt., but not full time. They should stick w/ red/maroon and white.

Try starting your own thread with your own ideas submitted for comments than hijacking someone else's thread. Just a thought to keep you from drawing the ire of the board... and :welcome: . Remember - just because I don't agree with your ideas means only that, that one person doesn't share your vision.

Thanks there

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

1949 Phillies jerseys

I always liked those Phils jerseys (didn't they use those for a Turn Back The Clock game in the early 90s vs. the Giants?)...

Hmmm...this has got my creative juices flowing...I sense a concept coming up on this...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I appreciate the effort, i really do, but NO BLACK on the Phillies, EVER, and I agree totally w/ what Chazberg noted earlier.

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Here's my 2 cents.

See VitaminD's comment from above.

sorry for repeating the "posting in someone's post" penalty, but here's another one...

Is it that hard to start your own topic? You guys killed any further c/c that Eagles=Life would get that may help him improve his skills.

Archived