Kansas City Royals changes for 2006

Royals Insider

In what year did MLB teams switch from powder blue to gray?  Wasn't it an all-at-once change, or pretty close to it?  I remember the Cards, Phils, Jays, Mariners, Rangers, Twins, Cubs, Brew Crew, Braves and Expos having powders, but in my opinion, the king of the powders was KC.

End of 1982 = Cubs and Rangers

End of 1984 = Brewers, Cardinals and Mariners

End of 1986 = Braves and Twins

End of 1988 = Phillies and Blue Jays

End of 1991 = Royals and Expos

I thought the Royals lasted until after 1992.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always thought that the Royals' powder blue jerseys with white numbers worked, at least from what I saw on TV. However, there should be a federal law that powder blue unis be limited to the teams where blue is the primary color and red is not a color -- Kansas City and Toronto, to name two. So no Cardinals, Cubs (and for the obscenity that was white pinstripes on powder blue unis), Phillies, Braves or Rangers (or Dodgers, heaven forbid) powder blue.

Packers-2.png

powder blue unis be limited to the teams where blue is the primary color and red is not a color -- Kansas City and Toronto, to name two. So no Cardinals, Cubs (and for the obscenity that was white pinstripes on powder blue unis), Phillies, Braves or Rangers (or Dodgers, heaven forbid) powder blue.

The Jays had just as much red in their colour scheme as the dodgers do

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

powder blue unis be limited to the teams where blue is the primary color and red is not a color -- Kansas City and Toronto, to name two. So no Cardinals, Cubs (and for the obscenity that was white pinstripes on powder blue unis), Phillies, Braves or Rangers (or Dodgers, heaven forbid) powder blue.

Well their name kinds of gives it away... :D

Well their name kinds of gives it away... :D

That wasn't CC's point. The original Jays' logo had a red maple leaf, red baseball stitches and the baseball was outlined in red. This directly contradicts the premise of PB's proposal, that red not be a color.

And if anyone feels like being snarky, the Phillies had burgundy (NOT red) as a team color during a big chunk of the Powder Blue Era in Philadelphia.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Sometimes, you get what you wish for...

(that's all I'll say)

So maybe, something like this:

KC%20Road.gif

That's great!

Although to be as nit-picky as absolutely possible, I dont like that it's white where the two S's, and the T in city, and the Y at the end cross over each other. Might as well just keep it all blue!

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

So maybe, something like this:

Here's a few tidbits:

• That secondary logo is GONE.
  • The road uni has standard-sleeves - not a vest.
  • Almost all of the Black is gone (from the home and road unis anyway).

NO VESTS! NO BLACK! Have I died and gone to heaven?!

Archived