Indianapolis Colts Concept

Audiodrama

In my third installment of the NFL concept series (Saints, Raiders were the first two), I've chosen another BORING team in need of a makeover. This time, I went with Peyton Manning and the defense-less Colts. You'll notice that I brought back the classic Patriots font on the jerseys; I thought it fit REALLY well. And, I know I'll get flamed a little for adding black to the logo/uniforms, so if you have an issue with that...bite me. :D

colts.gif

Love the concept & colors, but has anybody ever thought of using a silver/grey color instead of white for the helmets.....black outline around the horshoe...man, would that look cool.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I think black works with this scheme. As long as it's used sparingly, I think it could work. Black or silver (not both, that's the Lions' palette).

I don't like the fonts (wordmark or uniform), I think the logo looks a little too busy, and the addition of the horseshoe and shoulder stripe clutters everything up. If the Colts were to switch fonts, I'd actually like to see an updated version of the Unitas era numbers. Black high tops and all.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Are you sure about that wordmark? I mean, the "s" in Colts? Can we connect that or something, because it's killin' me. Otherwise, I like what you've done here lots.

lol that's just the font i used...other than the S, I thought it worked great though

I guess biting you is in order, because i dont like the black. when your colors are white and blue, black isnt a solution. white and black are in a sense the same. they dont compliment, theyre just kinda there. while i like light blue, it doesnt work for the colts, and the blue that they switched to last year is much richer, so navy may not work either. my personal preference would be to stick with what they have. i wouldnt call the nascar font a classic. it stuck around for what? two. three years? hardly a classic. classic is the old colts font, with the western flair. what this teams unis need more than anything is dirt, grass and mud. all boring comments would be replaced with traditional, old school or classy if the colts were playing in harsh indiana winters

sorry man , but im gonna have to disagree here.

I really dont like these. to me it's another case of "just like like adding black for the sake of adding black", just like the lions did. especially the facemask. (and don't get me wrong, some teams can pull adding black off well ie. 49ers). i dont think the italisized Pats/Ti-Cats font really suits the colts identity or history either. and isn't the double shoulder stripes the signature Colts look?

Im not saying the current colts look is perfect, but i just really wouldnt like it if the Colts went this direction.

As a Colts fan, I love the concept. Maybe as a replacement for the black, a grey would work. Not as a primary colour, but as an outline for the numbers and names. I like it as is, but would like to see what grey would do to it.

Regardless, nice work!

Lose the black all together. Keep it nice and clean. I like the overall look and I could see them using this design.

If I could change on thing it would be to make the pants white with the white jerseys. And lose the black. But I like it. nice job.

giants.png200822112725.png

big blue wrecking crew

die hard since '88

to illustrate my point:

ind.gif

I thought you wanted to use a silver/grey for the helmets... :therock:

Yeah, I forgot I said that (D'oh!). But, I actually think the royal blue helmet might be a cool change for them as well.....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Best Colts concept I've seen so far. I really like the number font. For an indoor team that relies heavily on speed I think the italicized font looks slick.

mainescarf.png

Best Colts concept I've seen so far. I really like the number font. For an indoor team that relies heavily on speed I think the italicized font looks slick.

I kind of agree. I like their current traditional look, however it just doesn't work with an indoor team. If you are going to be traditional, do it all around and not just your uni's.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived