Jeff Gordon booed at Wrigley "Stadium"

NJTank

Have you seen the video yet of Jeff Gordon trying to sing take me out to the ball game at Wrigley Field which he called Wrigley Stadium, apparently he forgot the words to the song and teh fans let him have it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Have you seen the video yet of Jeff Gordon trying to sing take me out to the ball game at Wrigley Field which he called Wrigley Stadium, apparently he forgot the words to the song and teh fans let him have it.

Saw a bit of it on ESPNEWS earlier. He deserved it. Come on! Who doesn't know the words to "Take Me Out..."??

6uXNWAo.png

Saw a bit of it on ESPNEWS earlier. He deserved it. Come on! Who doesn't know the words to "Take Me Out..."??

Me. But I'm a dirty foreigner. It's like people who don't know the words to 'You'll Never Walk Alone' at Anfield

I got to hear it on ESPN Radio.

I don't care if he knows the words, but if he does not he either needs them to be posted for him or not sing it.

"Wrigley Stadium".

Priceless. The whole thing was hilarious.

Next month I'm taking in a game at Fenway Field.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Pretty pathetic performance from Rainbow Brite...Naturally, I never laughed as hard at something like that in quite a long time.

Wrigley Stadium? That was the topper :lol: Here's a hint, Gordo...stick with turning left on Sundays...

Sheesh, all ya needed was a clip of some SportsCenter anchor laughing his arse off at the whole thing and it would have been right there with Carl Lewis stumbling through the Star Spangled Banner at the Meadowlands as "Worst Singing Performance At A Sporting Event" :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Where's Fenway FIELD? :P

(on the chance that people don't realize it, "Fenway Field" was my attempt at humor)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Where's Fenway FIELD? :P

Is it that old relic in some New England city. Uh, Boston, by any chance?

Anyway, I don't see what Gordon got booed. I mean Ozzy mumbled the whole song. The best ones to sing it were Bernie Mac, Jack Black & Will Ferrell. LET ME HERE YA!

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

I doubt the boos really affected him. Even if 30,000 people were involved in the booing that'd only be about 30-50% of the number that boo him every Sunday from February to November. I am no Jeff Gordon fan but I do admire him for disrespecting the Cubs. Nice work, man.

I really don't care a bit about NASCAR, but why is it that everyone hates Gordon?

POTD (Shared)

I really don't care a bit about NASCAR, but why is it that everyone hates Gordon?

I've always been a big Jeff Gordon fan. There were many reasons why he is booed so often:

1. He isnt one of the "good ol' boys" from the South. He's a clean cut, corporate Californian.

2. They say he didn't earn his way to the top series, that he just got thrust into a quality team and had instant success. (He was too good too quickly.)

3. He threatened Dale Earnhardt's empire as the greatest driver in NASCAR.

4. He married Miss Winston.

He's not nearly as hated as he once was. He was the original "Young Gun". The hatred started because he came in and excelled so quickly and the fact that Earnhardt didn't like him only helped stoke the fires.

Today most of the boos are directed at Busch, Stewart, Harvick and other brash young drivers. Gordon doesn't take nearly the heat of old, now he's a veteran driver who is respected and liked by most(not me). Most of the boos now come from old time fans, a dying breed in the ever expanding, relocating, over priced NASCAR circuit.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

He's not nearly as hated as he once was. He was the original "Young Gun". The hatred started because he came in and excelled so quickly and the fact that Earnhardt didn't like him only helped stoke the fires.

Today most of the boos are directed at Busch, Stewart, Harvick and other brash young drivers. Gordon doesn't take nearly the heat of old, now he's a veteran driver who is respected and liked by most(not me). Most of the boos now come from old time fans, a dying breed in the ever expanding, relocating, over priced NASCAR circuit.

Where have I heard that before?..... OH YEAH! :D

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?ac...ndpost&p=244775

I saw, I came, I left.

I've always been a big Jeff Gordon fan. There were many reasons why he is booed so often:

1. He isnt one of the "good ol' boys" from the South. He's a clean cut, corporate Californian.

2. They say he didn't earn his way to the top series, that he just got thrust into a quality team and had instant success. (He was too good too quickly.)

And where have I heard that before???

Oh yeah, I said it! I even numbered my points just as you did.

Jeff Gordon Wins Daytona 500.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Carl Lewis says......UH OH!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

And where have I heard that before???

Oh yeah, I said it! I even numbered my points just as you did.

Jeff Gordon Wins Daytona 500.

whoa, weird. i had never even read your list.

sorry if you think i "copied" you.

I think Ozzy and Sharon(well at least Ozzy) attempted to sing it at Wrigley once.

As for Jeff, hilarious. Theres a reason why he is in racing and not football.

on side note speaking of racing, I just got a ticket from my friend for the Indy 500 this weekend!

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived