Yankees wearing the flag on caps.

jkrdevil

I'm watching the Yankees-Red Sox and I noticed early in the games that the Yanks have a flag patch on the side of their cap for Memorial Day weekend and Memorial Day. I thought this was a league wide thing however I just noticed the Red Sox don't have a flag on their cap.

I'm watching the Yankees-Red Sox and I noticed early in the games that the Yanks have a flag patch on the side of their cap for Memorial Day weekend and Memorial Day. I thought this was a league wide thing however I just noticed the Red Sox don't have a flag on their cap.

That's because they are the RED Sox, a bunch of anti-American communists .... just kidding :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I hope your enjoying the game! :wink2:

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Foulke wore a flag cap for most of last year. There was some controversy about it being "out of uniform" so the Equipment staff used a magic marker to cover the flag, so he basically wore the flag cap all year, I believe into the playoffs.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

I agree every team should play on Memorial Day, Indpendance Day, and Labor Day. These are baseball holliddays where baseball is part of Americana and thus part of the tradition.

It would be like not having a Bar-B-Que on those days.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

the biggest joke is that the yanks won't be playing on memorial day.....

MLB is so retarded sometimes....

Looks good on ya ;)

MLB makes a lot of dumb scheduling calls -- the Jays don't play a single home game on any holiday this season. Yay.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

of course he is. any team that has individuals who don't look or act like everybody else clearly are un-american. this country was founded on the principals that everyone should look and act the same, right?

you want to talk about class? a-rod slapping the ball out of arroyo's glove heading to first...now that's class.

I guess it's conveniently forgotten how Mike Timlin was once reprimanded by Major League Baseball because he was told to remove a camouflage T-Shirt he was wearing under his uniform to honor the troops too.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I disagree. As a stadium employee, I'd hate to give up my holiday to go work at 1 of 81 baseball games. Football I can handle, but this would tick me off. I was asked to work the Lacrosse championships this weekend but declined so that I can actually hit the shore and enjoy my holiday. ALso, if friends/ family are planning a big bbq or something like that, I don't want to pass it up because I have tickets to a baseball game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I noticed the Yankees still sing God Bless America at the 7th inning too. Was that only for Memorial Day or do they do that every game?

Any Yanks fans want to clue me in?

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

I noticed the Yankees still sing God Bless America at the 7th inning too. Was that only for Memorial Day or do they do that every game?

Every game still -- couldn't they sing it in place of the star spangled banner before the game instead?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Every game still -- couldn't they sing it in place of the star spangled banner before the game instead?

Better yet, how about singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in replace of the "Star Spangled Banner". Ever better, have Carl Lewis sing it :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Stienbrenner is very patriotic since 9-11 God Bless America is played every game. For the Playoffs and big games they bring out Ronan Tynan to sing the extra long version to ice down the opposing teams pitcher.

Archived