Fusion Nation

Alphabet Man

Hello and welcome to

Fusion Nation

My name is Matthew and I will be your instructor for this contest. First thing that must be mentioned is that everyone is allowed to enter. Also, using MS Paint will not disadvantage anyone.

Now you may want to know what you need to do, should you choose to enter.

You have to design for a new nameless country the following:

* A National Flag

* A National Logo

* You also have to name the country

You have until June 15, 2005 to submit your design for the country. Please enter on time. Voting will be by the 3-2-1 format. And two divisions (depending entrant numbers) for Paint and Illustrator users.

For reference I would like to post the results of previous Fusion contests.

Fusion I: Charlotte Bobcats - Against All Odds

Fusion II: NBA Logo Uniform - Agaisnt All Odds

Fusion III: Kansas City Twisters - Against All Odds

C'mon guys, we need to knock off AAO!

Thank you for your time and until next time, I'm Matthew.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I am not going to enter this contest, because I have been part of an on-line role-playing game for several years in which I did this very thing. My nation and its symbols were done about 8 years ago, and I have had time to hone them.

But folks entering this contest might like to see what I and the other players in the game have done.

The game is called "ImagiNations." Its website is at www.edwardmooney.com/vexillium.

The "visit" page will take you to a list of all the nations. Currently, there are 43 players from all over the world. Most have one country, but some run more than one.

My nation in this game is Lamb's Cove. You can get to it from the "visit" page, or through its own website at www.angelfire.com/games/lambscove.

This isn't a war game. It's about international commerce, sports, diplomacy, etc. And there is no winner, or even an end to the game. Our planet (Vexillium) just keeps spinning along.

(By the way, the sports page for my nation is kind of lame. It was done years ago with borrowed and re-touched logos, before I ever got into logo creation. I've been meaning to update it, but haven't got around to it. :( )

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Mine is complete, I am waiting for AAO to post his first so mine does not look so bad. That is assuming he is entering this one.

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

I wanted to post mine after AAO, but this might be my only chance to do so. It is the Island Nation of Kei Oro. Located in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of South America. I hope mine will inspire more people to enter the contest. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Kei%20Oro.jpg

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

I wanted to post mine after AAO, but this might be my only chance to do so. It is the Island Nation of Kei Oro. Located in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of South America. I hope mine will inspire more people to enter the contest. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Kei%20Oro.jpg

that's pretty cool like the colours.....

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Nah, I think it was a good idea for a contest and I would have liked to enter but I didn't see it until the day it was almost over...so hard to come up with something. Also, this part of the forum is slightly new and not visited by many yet...and I think the subject was vague and possibly discouraged clicks. Maybe saying "contest" or something. Anyways, I will be on the lookout for more of your contests.

Great job on the winning entry! :D

Perhaps as an experiment, we could do "Idea" threads instead of contests. If you've got a cool idea for a project to spark some interest in your fellow designers, post it. Just leave it open and bump it once a month if you'd like.

That might work out better here as the traffic and the interest isn't as high as the sports part of design (and rightfuly so to an extent, that is the point of this site...I only say to an extent because this is where 99% of us will earn a living if we want to design)

Archived