KC Royals Sweep

kingssss

The Yankees are a mess right now. Giambi can't play any more but because of his contract they keep playing them. Giambi in the lineup is like have the pitcher bat 6th in the National League. Bernie has aged and can't play center although he can still hit. Matsui has struggled this year. Although Womack has been great at the plate it has been an adventure in left.

But the biggest problem is the pitching staff. Right now their best starter is Chien Ming Wang. He's the only one giving them consistant good pitching. Mussina had a good May. Pavano has been very inconsistant. Kevin Brown has been Kevin Brown. and Randy Johnson has been awful recently. I'm not concerned about strikeouts as other people because he is 41 pitching in the American League, but he hasn't gotten anyone out.

A lot of people have made comparisons to the late 60's however I think it is like the 80's under Steinbrenner. After 2001 the Yankees went Fre Agent carzy starting with Giambi. That offseason the made a bunch a free agent signings none of them panned out. The 2002 offseason was a bit better they brought in Matsui, who although hasn't been a power hitter he has been a contact hitter which is what they needed. They made a mistake in aquiring Boone at the deadline. Still they went to the world series. That's when the major Giambi problems started when he took himself out of game 5. That same game Wells seeled his fate with the Yankees by not being able to gut out that game. The 2003 offseason was disatrous. Clemens retired (he would have stayed retired if the next thing didn't happen). Then the Yankees made the worst move post-1990. They let lefty Andy Pettitte walk to Houston while they wined and dines Sheffield. Pettitte leaving set the tone. They then traded for Kevin Brown. Then they traded Nock Johnson, the guy who since 1999 was supposed to be the next great Yankee first baseman to Montreal for Vazquez. Johnson had his share of injuries but when he played he played well, and now he is hitting .323 for Washington. The Yankees were left with 0 lefty pitchers total.

During the 2004 season Giambi went down with a tumor probably caused by Steroids. The blew the ALCS due to the fact they had no lefties. This offseason things got worse. They let Lieber walk and signed Jared Wright, a move Cashman later admitted to being a mistake. They traded vazquez and Brad Halsey for Randy Johnson. Johnson is 41 and hasn't adjusted back to the AL and has lost zip on his fastball.

The Yankees front office has been terrible through the years since Cashman took over the gm job. The traded away Mike Lowell because they thought Drew Henson was their next third baseman. Rondell White, Steve Karsay, Chris Hammond, Jeff Weaver were all bust. Plus what has been said previously. Cashman did little if anything to put together those World Series win. He let their best pitcher walk. The minor leagues are depleted. Getting rid of Pettitte and Nick Johnson are 2 losses that have killed the Yankees. The signing of Giambi changed the attitude for the worse of the organization and each year it gets worse.

I'd just love to see the faces on the Yanks fans when the O's take the AL East...

...and the Jays snag the wild-card on the last game of the season vs. them.

On the mound? Who else but the Doc? :P

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

I'd just love to see the faces on the Yanks fans when the O's take the AL East...

...and the Jays snag the wild-card on the last game of the season vs. them.

On the mound? Who else but the Doc? :P

Yeah, damn Jays tho 1-3 so far vs the Mariners and Athletics :rolleyes: I mean even the Yankees beat those guys :D

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I have a serious question about the NY Losers (I've been calling them that since the 90s):

Do they ever try to develop players in the Minor Leagues? Or do they just trade and buy the best players at the time? Is that their problem? Are they just trying to find a quick way to win the championship instead of doing like everyone else and build a team that will win 5 championships 5 years from now?

Ok..that was actually 4 questions.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I have a serious question about the NY Losers (I've been calling them that since the 90s):

Do they ever try to develop players in the Minor Leagues? Or do they just trade and buy the best players at the time? Is that their problem? Are they just trying to find a quick way to win the championship instead of doing like everyone else and build a team that will win 5 championships 5 years from now?

Ok..that was actually 4 questions.

Well, when George runs the team they don't try to develop players. However when he isn't involved (like the early 90's) they do. Bernie, Jeter, Rivera, Pettitte, and Posada were developed in the minors because George was suspended and couldn't trade them away. Gene Michael was the gm and built a winner. When they matured he brought in vets and they won 4 Championships. It was like this in the early 70's too. When George has run the team you get results like this year, when he doesn't you end up getting World Championships.

I hope he learns quickly because I don't want them to lose Eric Duncan who they have in the minors. They might move A-Rod to Center in a year or 2 and put him at 3rd.

It's a fluke win but the Yankees are in big trouble as it seems other teams are starting to spend there money like the yanks. question how long have the yanks been around for because yankees means americans (i think) and there was once an NHl team called the New York Americans. i was wondering if they had the same owner.

untitled-6.jpg

It's a fluke win but the Yankees are in big trouble as it seems other teams are starting to spend there money like the yanks. question how long have the yanks been around for because yankees means americans (i think) and there was once an NHl team called the New York Americans. i was wondering if they had the same owner.

You make me laugh. :D

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Archived