Morris Football's AFL Redesign Project

Alphabet Man

Nice job Matt. I REALLY like what you did with the Roos. Damn, those are fine! I liked their away/clash guernseys from last year best. Yours are a great update of those. All the others are good, though I am not totally sold on Collingwood. The Magpie seems too big to me. Now as for the Adelaide, I don't like it, though I do like the idea behind concept. Sorry, but I think their current home guernseys are too cool. Makes them look like a walking rainbow, but cool none the less. :P

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really interesting stuff you've done aussie.

Of all your recent concepts:

- I like the Kangaroos the best. No complaints here :)

- I think the Eagles' one is quite interesting. Kinda has the Thrashers' alternate feel to it.

- The magpie on the Collingwood one is too big. It also needs stripes somewhere.

- I don't feel the Adelaide one. I think the crow is not standing out. Put a white outline on the crow like their away guernsey.

- I think Hawthorn's too busy. I think a brown guernsey with a nice yellow sash/stripe in the direction of the hawk would look cool B)

- Geelong's OK. But I do think that any Geelong alternate should be predomantly dark blue.

Richmond's too busy as well. I think the yellow/black gradient towards the logo does not work because the logo will be somewhat lost.

I saw, I came, I left.

yer thanks guys....the Roos is my fave....the Magpie was pisssing me off with the sozes so i gave up really and the Crows, that actually does have a white outline on it, a really thin one...and the Eagles, well a while ago i changed their logo so that the orange is replaced by lighter blue, so that is where i got that blue from and besides, i didnt know what to do with an eagles one.....and there are no sponsors cos well, they change all the time.....thanks guys

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Nice work all around.

A little too heavy on the gradients - especially the Fremantle numbers... :blink: - and I do like a lot of the present sets. Essendon and Adelaide have great, distinctive uniforms right now that I wouldn't touch. But I like the concept overall.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 1 month later...

St Kilda:

StKilda1.gif

I had no idea what to do for a team called Saints so....yer based on an early jumper

Now ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and those undecided, that wraps up the MORRIS Football AFL Redesign Project 2005

Coming up next: Morris Baseball MLB Australia Project

WOW!!!!!!! Most of these are very good. Richmond, Sydney, Kangaroos, Melbourne, Bulldogs are the best of the crop

thanks.....the Port and Saints ones were hard

BEST. GUERNSEY. EVAR. 

Thanks, that Melbourne i thought was weird

Brisbane Lions:

Brisbane1.gif

Based on early days Fitzroy jumper

This one would work better if you reversed the yellow and blue, but then it'd be almost identical to their current jersey and defeat the purpose of the redesign :D

Digging that Port jersey, it's a nice twist on their traditional jerseys with the new AFL colour scheme.

liverpool-1.png

mine's better than the heritage..... atleast no yellow lol

jr, i tried with the blue and yellow being reversed, then thought it looks too similar to their current ones....so i went with an old Fitzroy jumper (without the line down the middle)

Nice work Aussie ... but I HATE your Richmond concept (what can I say, I'm a Tigerland traditionalist). Not a big fan of words on AFL jumpers either - they tend to get lost with the fields as large as they are. I did like the Carlton one, but strangely did not dig the Hawks.

I love the notion of exploring alternative ideas for AFL though ... it is only a matter of time before the league makes it compulsory.

Fremantle should have a full identity make-over ... sure the name is good Dockers, but the colours, uniforms, etc ... yeach!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Nice work Aussie ... but I HATE your Richmond concept (what can I say, I'm a Tigerland traditionalist). Not a big fan of words on AFL jumpers either - they tend to get lost with the fields as large as they are. I did like the Carlton one, but strangely did not dig the Hawks.

I love the notion of exploring alternative ideas for AFL though ... it is only a matter of time before the league makes it compulsory.

Fremantle should have a full identity make-over ... sure the name is good Dockers, but the colours, uniforms, etc ... yeach!

I like the Dockers colours, they're horrible, but unique.

A bit like Hawthorn.

The green and red signifying Port and Starboard have to stay.

And you can't have those two on their own, so the white has to stay.

And that looks too much like other tricolour teams, so you need another one as well. Hence the use of purple.

As for clash jumpers, don't hold your breath. The AFL have no plans to enforce it, and as long as Gomez Demetriou runs the AFL, they won't be bringing them in.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived