Atlanta Braves Concept

Audiodrama

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you did a great job mixing old and new. I'm glad you kept the navy and didn't regress back to the royal.

One thing -

Something looks odd about the "A" in Atlanta. The rest of the letters are italicized, so they look vertical even with the slant in the mark. The A looks unitalicized, like it is falling away from the rest of the letters. The B in Braves looks exactly the opposite, like it is falling into the mark.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Something looks odd about the "A" in Atlanta. The rest of the letters are italicized, so they look vertical even with the slant in the mark. The A looks unitalicized, like it is falling away from the rest of the letters. The B in Braves looks exactly the opposite, like it is falling into the mark.

You're right, but I took those directly from the uniforms they currently use. They're exactly the same shape/italicization of their current uniforms, except that I merely erased the tomahawk.

You're right, but I took those directly from the uniforms they currently use. They're exactly the same shape/italicization of their current uniforms, except that I merely erased the tomahawk.

Maybe the tomahawk lends a balancing affect to the wordmark?

kU6ns.gif

It looks good, but I like the tomahawk on there. With the division championship run, I think the current set is officially as untouchable as the uniforms of the Yankees. That said, you did a good job. Maintained the last holdout of hockey sweater nameplate arching, points for that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Italicizing the "A" would mean altering the cap logo, since the cap logo is upright. If you didn't, people would get all bent out of shape about how the Braves have 2 "A"s, like the Tigers and Yankees, and why don't they go to hell for that, and... I'm getting ahead of myself.

The look is nice, but I think that when they brought back the tomahawk, their uniforms entered the Top 5 in all of baseball for as long as they keep them like this. And I hate the $#&^*&!ing Braves, always have (they'd beat up on the Phils even when they were lousy... I have been alive long enough to remember when the Braves were lousy)

The last names should be bigger as well. Just a little thing I noticed.

Overall, great job with the look. And thanks for dumping the so-red-my-eyes-bleed alternates.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Nice work. The Braves switched to navy as their primary lettering color in the late '60s ('69, I think) and also dropped the tomahawk. I like the way you integrated the feather into the sleeve trim. And I'm glad you put numbers on the front of the jersey. That's the one thing that has been missing from the current Braves' set. :D

?- Are you sure Ted knows he still owns the Braves? :blink:

i've always been a fan of the feather sleeves idea... you brought it back without making it look like a retro-reach. nice job.

not sure if the tomahawk would make it look cluttered, but i'd like to see it stay on the script.

I like it. Any reason the feather is only one one side though?

Wow, that's very good. Nicely done. Agree with VitaminD that the names should be a bit larger, maybe not arched(?).

I could see putting the feather on one sleeve while leaving the other blank for the inevitable commemorative patches or mourning bands.

tzch6.jpg

Italicizing the "A" would mean altering the cap logo, since the cap logo is upright. If you didn't, people would get all bent out of shape about how the Braves have 2 "A"s, like the Tigers and Yankees, and why don't they go to hell for that, and... I'm getting ahead of myself.

The look is nice, but I think that when they brought back the tomahawk, their uniforms entered the Top 5 in all of baseball for as long as they keep them like this. And I hate the $#&^*&!ing Braves, always have (they'd beat up on the Phils even when they were lousy... I have been alive long enough to remember when the Braves were lousy)

The last names should be bigger as well. Just a little thing I noticed.

Overall, great job with the look. And thanks for dumping the so-red-my-eyes-bleed alternates.

So then italicize the hat logo. Isn't that how most teams "update" classic looks? By italicizing and shadowing?

I'm glad there's no Mets-ish shadowing going on here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived