University of Hartford concept

cyandlux

Yeah, I'm a going into my 2nd yr as a grad student, MFA Photo, and my GF just graduated.

Cool. No offense, but are you Jewish. Hey, they don't called it JewU for nothing. ^_^

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Man, it looks like the current Atlanta Hawks logo on crack. That's some scary ****!

Also, the UH wordmark is way too similar to what the Houston Cougars used to have.

all in all I really like it, that's one intense bird! The only issues i see are that the wordmark doesnt really match the feel of the logo, and also that the bird kinda looks like hes sprewing smog or something around his beak!

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

The only thing I can pick at is that this bird-that-just-got-kicked-in-the-nuts has a pretty huge head in comparison to its body. Also, the wordmark is a little too tame for the logo, but all-in-all, this is one kick-ass design....the stuff nightmares are made of!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

UHa-Hawk2.jpg

Here is another update. Ive decided to leave the font how it is because it is dignified and I

dont think you could slip anything cool by the board of regents here. If you have any

suggestions for the font, post it here. Thanks, more C&C on the hawk and everything,

please.

I'm a fan of these overall. Two minor things, one being really minor.

1. Not sure about the red H on a red baseball hat. A white H or silver H would stand out a lot better than red on red.

2. Some of the feathers around the hawk's mouth in the primary and secondary give the face the appearance of scraggly whiskers below the beak, and war paint on the cheeks above the beak instead of feathers. By toning down the detail and simplifying the face a little - just enough for contours without overdoing it - I'd call it done, and done really well. ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm a fan of these overall. Two minor things, one being really minor.

1. Not sure about the red H on a red baseball hat. A white H or silver H would stand out a lot better than red on red.

2. Some of the feathers around the hawk's mouth in the primary and secondary give the face the appearance of scraggly whiskers below the beak, and war paint on the cheeks above the beak instead of feathers. By toning down the detail and simplifying the face a little - just enough for contours without overdoing it - I'd call it done, and done really well. ^_^

I second the comment about the feathers around the mouth. It seems a little much. Overall, nice concept though.

1000% better, cyandlux. The hats look much sharper and the logos are better defined. The talons are cleaner, and the face looks great with less commotion and feathers. Call this one done and get on the phone with the people at UH. Nice work!!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This is one of the best concepts that I've ever seen on this board. The college where I live is redoing its Red Hawk, but (and I can say this given my knowledge of some of the people involved), I'm sure it won't be nearly as good or as intimidating as this. Conference rivals would be peeing their pants if they saw this.

Packers-2.png

Archived