Name That Font!

pcgd

Hello. I am new to this site and have found your information to be very useful. I am in need of some serious help. I am looking for an inexpensive program that has/lists all of the MLB jersey fonts (I need the #s and letters and colors so that I can make my own jerseys). Can anyone point me in the right direction PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE? Or if someone has a free list somewhere or can tell me the fonts used for MLB teams

If you're familiar with the work of Michael Schwab, whom I consider to be among the best graphic artists of the modern era, then you're familiar with this lettering; he uses it on 80% of his work. Before it was practical to make custom digital fonts, Schwab lettered all his work by hand. After scrutinizing and comparing the lettering in many of his most recent pieces, I have come to the conclusion that some of his lettering is now done digitally.

I'm wondering if his signature lettering is available commercially or not. The closest font I've been able to locate thus far is called NEUTRAFACE TITLING, by House Industries (www.houseind.com). That font is based on work by the architect Richard Neutra. The styles of the letterforms are very similar, with Schwab's letterforms obviously being less rigid and geometric because of their hand-drawn heritage, but they are not exact, just very close.

Here is Schwab's lettering, for reference. I see that it has a name and platform information at the bottom, but I have no idea where to find that, if it's even available to the public. I've exhausted my search options.

schwab.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Looking for either one of two things (or both...)

As I am looking to recreate the Wordmark "Lighting McQueen" from the Disney's Cars movie's Hauler pictured below, I would like a better picture and/or the Font used.

It looks like a fairly standard font, but there is a slant and a different weight/leading, etc. (the "L" obviously uses a different baseline...)

In any case, any help would be appreciated.

cars05090602yh5.th.jpg

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The Lightning McQueen logo looks like it was set in Compacta then modified.

Thanks!

I'll have fun tonight trying to modify Type in Photoshop.

(I usually use PSP, but use Photoshop for the more complicated tasks)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.