Only in the minors...

marlinfan

WOW.

Marlinfan, what's the source for this story? I can't find it on the Flyers or TBones site. I'm sure you were just helping us out by pasting the copy and its much appreciated.

Just wondering where the story was printed.

I don't know exactly, but it is mentioned in today's si.com scorecard daily section

I saw, I came, I left.

WOW.

Marlinfan, what's the source for this story?  I can't find it on the Flyers or TBones site.  I'm sure you were just helping us out by pasting the copy and its much appreciated.

I don't know exactly, but it is mentioned in today's si.com scorecard daily section

Link

:rolleyes:

1997 | 2003

WOW.

Marlinfan, what's the source for this story?  I can't find it on the Flyers or TBones site.  I'm sure you were just helping us out by pasting the copy and its much appreciated.

Link

:rolleyes:

1997 | 2003

I love this idea, it is all what minor league baseball is about. Who ever came up with this idea has a great touch with marketing, because I can definitely see more teams doing it.

I really hope thats just a bad attempt at sarcasm. So do you want the whole regular season simulated so you can get to the playoffs quicker?

Its 2 innings of one game! Hell, its 2 innings out of 891 (give or take a few) innings in the season. Its not like they are taking two crappy MVP players either, being that they are having a compitition to win the right to play the game. In my opinion, it is a well thought out promotion. Its the minor leagues. Its suppose to be a mix of the fun of baseball and the seriousness of baseball. If it was just like an MLB game (not talent wise, but just what happens there...which isn't usually that much) why would people show up?

I'm not saying no one shows up anyways, but its always nice to have those fun promotions around.

sounds like a fun idea...besides, they aren't playing the whole game, just teh first two innings. now if they were playing the last two innings, I'd have issue.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I hope the player sets up the lineup so that the Catcher is playing center, the backup outfielder is the 1st basemen, the 1st basemen is second....

Okay, okay, so maybe I don't hope. But still, this hits a new low for Independent league baseball.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

its northern league boys, the games mean nothing.

the best player in the league, im not sure his name, played for the saint paul saints last year, got dropped by a AA team a week ago and is back with the saints.

were not talking about much more than talented, but in baseball terms, bottom-rung players that play for the love of the game, not for the paycheck, or maybe even the stats.

its a great marketing idea, and will be replicated.

Archived