Logos 1893-2005

Joshawaggie

I started this project many moons ago and didnt finish, but after stumbling across it the other day, I finally finished. Hopefully this can be used as some kind of resource, if not, its kinda fun to see what logo represents every champion of the 4 major sports. Each file goes by decade. I did the NFL by the year the Super bowl was won in, not the season. Well that hit a snag when I got to 1966, I was too lazy to go switch, so I just left 1966 blank. Before the NBA there was the NBL, when I couldnt find any more logos, i quit. World Series started in 1903, but it was too hard to find any info before the WS, so i left it at that. The Stanley Cup started in 1893, i think that goes far enough back.

Big thanks of course to Mr Creamer for a majority of the logos. But I did have to get some from *cough* that other logo website *cough* :D And also thanks to the Hockey Sweater Museum for logos, or what I used for logos for the early 1900's/1800's.

Hope you like!

2000's 1990's 1980's 1970's 1960's 1950's

1940's 1930's 1920's 1910's 1900's/1890's

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another note, i probably screwed up somewhere in there, if anyone can correct me, go ahead. Some of the logos and correct information was hard to gather from the earlier years, so I had to improvise, or just hope that was the logo used. I tried to be as accurate as possible, so if something is wrong, speak up!

*edit: i see photobucket made the files smaller.. I'll hafta try fix that :mad:

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

'86 Mets is wrong, it's minor, let's see if you notice it :)

Well, if we're pointing out minor errors, in 1995 the 49ers were still using the logo without the gold in it.

Great job, have to list a personal grievance though, with the NFL Super Bowl's like they are, it kills all the time i have spent memorizing the champions based on the year of the season , but oh well, thanks for interesting resource.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Great job, have to list a personal grievance though, with the NFL Super Bowl's like they are, it kills all the time i have spent memorizing the champions based on the year of the season , but oh well, thanks for interesting resource.

Completely agree..

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Completely agree..

yeah I screwed that up, I'll have to change it.

this is as close to a index page as I have, its just on photobucket

http://photobucket.com/albums/v136/josh_j12/champs/

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived