Are the lakers using the white jerseys for home?

Hbomb90

I was watching a replay of the molone payton signing and malone resived the purple away jersey, and payton got the,what i thought at the time, white alternate. And then i was watching rome is burning, and Malone was showing what number he was going to wear, and he pulled up a white alternate #11. From what i can tell it looks like they are trying to use the white jersey as the home jersey, wich IMO would be a mistake. I always liked the fact that the lakers were the only active team to have there home uniforms not be white. And while i do like the white jerseys, as alternates, i think that if they use them for home uniforms they would just be like the rest of the leauge.

I think it looks stupid for the Lakers to have a solid color home uniform.

I know it's always been that way, but it dosn't seem right to me.

Especially in past all-star games where the west are in white uniforms except for the Laker players in their yellow.

sig09.jpg

well the league won't let anyone else wear a non-white home uni (just ask the cavs) for some bs reason, which i am angry about.  i'd like to see the spurs sportin silver, or the cavs in gold.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I can't think of a good reason why teams shouldn't be able to wear a light color of there choice at home. In the days of black and whitre telly I see the point of having the white for home, color for road games rule, but that must be pretty out of date by now!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I actually like the Lakers in yellow. They seem to blend in with the court nicely. It's like camouflage! Of course if all the players were "white".... never mind!

It's too bad the NBA won't let anyone else wear anything but yellow at home. Didn't the Pacers wear yellow at home at some point. There are teams which I think lood good in a yellow home uniform. How about the Heat? The Rockets in the Red and Yellow era?  Atlanta Hawks? Oakland A's?

Toronto Blue Jays? (Just Kidding!)

I saw, I came, I left.

well the league won't let anyone else wear a non-white home uni

Come on now, the NBA will let the Lakers do anything!  I mean when there is a game on NBABC or ESPNBA, they should present it as "the LA Lakers on ABC!"

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

if they were to start wearing team uniforms again in the nba all star game (like baseball), i think if the west is the home team, the lakers players should wear the white unis so they can be told apart from the east players (who would all be wearing different colors in the first place)

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I thought the LA Lakers were going to wear White uniforms this year with thick black horizontal stripes this year as a tribute to Kobe?

(offensive prison humor)

Sort of like this? (black instead of clue and minus the logos of course)

http://www.conceptsports.com.au/images/cat...tail_GFC050.jpg

detail_GFC050.jpg

http://www.conceptsports.com.au/images/cat...tail_GFC052.jpg

detail_GFC052.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

i know from leafing through an old SI that the spurs wore silver homes when in the ABA, and also recall the Warriors, Sonics and Cavs wearing gold in the 70s (count 60s too for Warriors)  and i seem to remember watching on tv and seeing the pacers don the yellow at home a few years ago.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived