Montrteal Expos Concept

That blue alternate is sweet! You should also do one that say's just "Expos"

Great job though. Absoultely phenominal!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Looks good. The only part of it that rubs me the wrong way is the number font.

And it's on the wrong side. The Reds tried that a few years back and IMO it didn't work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Both blue alts are fantastic, but I prefer your version that reads "Expos". That way the blue alt can be easily used both on the road and at home.

oddly enough, the Rangers still wear their blue jerseys at home every now and then...yup, those ones that say TEXAS. and then you have the Rockies' two dark alts, which both read COLORADO...and then some oldies-the Twins wore the MINNESOTA blues for a couple years before finally springing for TWINS versions, and the D-backs used to have purple alts with ARIZONA on the front (which IIRC doubled as their BPs)...then there was a short lived Mariners SEATTLE alt that was primarily worn at home, but dumped because it was seen as bad luck. and you can't forget the Jays' old TORONTO alts.

heading down to the farm, the Cardinals' top two affiliates go one step further-the Memphis Redbirds wear whites with MEMPHIS on the front (and the cardinal perched on the H), while the Springfield Cards wear a script very much like the big Cards, with the only difference being that this one says Springfield.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

To avoid the 2-tone drop shadow, try outlining the "m" logo in blue, then drop shadow in either color.

The number really should be on the left lower torso if you're using script lettering. It looks very empty where the numbers should be, and the numbers themselves look like an afterthought squeezed in beneath the script wordmark. And that font is not right if you're trying to copy the font they used through the '80s.

The concept is a good one, but there are some kinks to work out here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Great to see some Montreal fans here!! I live in the Ottawa area now but I am MTL born and bred. I miss the Expos (I still pay attention to the Nationals, but it's not the same) and I am always going home to see the Alouettes play.

I didn't want to start a new topic for this, but I joined this board because I have a project in mind and I am hoping someone here can help.

Being an Expos fan, I've been wanting to get my hands on some tackle twill MONTREAL jersey names with the little fleur de lys so I can put them on different colour jerseys. However, I don't want to buy a whole bunch of old grey Expos jerseys just for the name patches and toss the jerseys. Not to mention the grey jerseys themselves are a collector's item.

Can anyone suggest who I can contact to order just the name patches? I do NOT plan on selling these, they will be made by myself just for me and my own personal use.

Any help you good folks have would be greatly appreciated! Either reply here or e-mail me at cliffyd@gmail.com. Thanks in advance!

Better. Finding the correct old Expos' number font would be a help to tie the older look to the newer wordmark.

And in general, your numbers are too low, and would be below the belt when the jersey is tucked in. For the home white jersey (number on jersey right), it should at least one button higher; for the road and alt jersey (number on jersey left) it should be centered on the 2nd button from the bottom (button-down baseball jerseys usually have 6 buttons, not 5, as well, for reference purposes).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived