The Great Team Canada Jersey Project

redsfan39

so i just bought a team canada baseball jersey (for 6 freaking bucks!) from steve and barry's.its completly blank except for the canada script on the front, and a canada flag patch on the sleeve. since its from steve and barry's, its quality isnt that high. so im taking it too my local dry cleaners, and i plan to have some to alot of alterations done. number 1. i want the canada script on the chest, not on the ribs

number 2. i want a number on the back. 3. i want the name of a great canadien (not neccesarily a ballplayer) on the back. i can name a ton of players that played for canadien teams, i cant name many that were born there.

tell me what you guys think should be done, and a couple of canadiens names and numbers to go on. thanks!

a0_1_b.jpg

I'd probably put Larry Walker's name and number on it. As far as I know he is the greatest Canadian born player in MLB history. I looked on baseball-reference.com at all the Canadian born players and his stats seemed to stand out better than everyone else. I don't think there have been any Canadian born players in the Hall of Fame, if there is I would put one of them on the jersey.

got some names for the back that arn't ball players, they're all great canadian prime ministers.

trudeau-pierre elliot trudeau, possibly our country's greatest pm.

mackenzie king-william lyon mackenzie king, lead canada through wwii

macdonald-sir john a. macdonald, our first pm, father of confederation

laurier-sir wilfrid laurier, held the country together

You spelled it "canadien." First it should alawys be capitalized. And I thought you meant great Montreal hockey players. Canadiens? Where to start? Richard, Beliveau, Lafluer.....the list goes on.

Seriously, put Walker (33) or Jenkins (31) on your jersey. You can't lose with either one. :flagcanada:

Baseball name: Raymond (as in Claude. Wasn't he the FIRST one?)

Non-Baseball: FOX (not for Francis, but for Terry) Terry is an inspiration of courage to all Canadians.

www.terryfoxrun.org

CBC's Greatest Canadian

note: the only reason Terry didn't win the contest was because Tommy Douglas' spokesperson outspoke Terry's.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Don't forget about Matt Stairs or Pete Orr, both Canucks as well. Or you could go with career minor-leaguer (but still a favourite of Canadian baseball fans at international competitions) Stubby Clapp.

EDIT: Koskie! How did I forget about Corey Koskie?!?!

Another thing with Walker is that he also played for the Expos, a Canadian team, for a while.

So did Claude Raymond

Raymond's Career Stats

Yes but Raymond was nowhere near the player Walker is.

No kidding, and I was a huge Larry Walker fan.

Actually, I have to admit I can't stand the guy as a broadcaster. He talks so much about himself and "when I was playing..." that he makes you love Glen Healey...

I was just pushing for a fellow Frenchie, and also testing the knowledge of Canadian baseball of the memebrs on the eve of our National day...

^_^

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

i decided on Jenkins, with his name and number on the back. with the "Canada" script moved to the chest, do you think i should put his number on the front as well? im thinking on the left side (if you were wearing the jersey) like the rangers home jersey. comments?

Archived