NBA Draftees/FAs in New Unis

HappyBrownie13

hey everyone! this thread is just like the one last year, and is to reveal players in new uniforms this offseason. Feel free to contribute! I'll kick it off w/ Hawks rookie Marvin Williams, #24 (although it's kinda hard to see!)

marvin_billy_062905_420.jpg

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

a few more:

Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets:

paulfront_050629.jpg

Grizzlies Hakim Warrick (#21) and Lawrence Roberts (#44)

draft_2005_picks-jerseys.jpg

Bobcats Raymond Felton (#20) and Sean May (#42)

jerseys_050629.jpg

And Clippers EuroRookie Yaroslav Korolev (#8)

korolev_pc_fp_050629.jpg

Also, i couldnt get the pic on here, but Celtics rookies Gerald Green will wear #5, and Ryan Gomes will wear #4

http://www.nba.com/celtics/

Rockets rookie Luther Head dons #4

http://www.nba.com/rockets/

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

Quentin Richardson, Nate Robinson

qrichrobinson_050630.jpg

leefrye_050629_300.jpg

David Lee, Knicks Head Coach Herb Williams, and Channing Frye.

i dot get it, they can give a traded player a number on his jersey, but cant give draftees theirs....

i dot get it, they can give a traded player a number on his jersey, but cant give draftees theirs....

I would say that it has something to do with the fact that they aren't officially signed with the team but that really don't explain some of the other players/teams.

Does anyone know how some of the new players picked their numbers, one's that changed?

I only have one assumption as to Wayne Simien's. He grew up following KU basketball and Danny Manning, who wore 25 at Kansas. He couldn't pick the #23 that he wore in college b/c of the Heat retiring it for Michael Jordan.

KUHawks.png

I only have one assumption as to Wayne Simien's. He grew up following KU basketball and Danny Manning, who wore 25 at Kansas. He couldn't pick the #23 that he wore in college b/c of the Heat retiring it for Michael Jordan.

the heat retired 23 for Jordan, whats with that, I understand the NHL as a whole retiring 99 for the Great One, but one team retiring a number for a guy who never played for them is completely stupid

korolev_pc_fp_050629.jpg

As a Clippers fan I cant say Im happy with the pick...but they think he still has time to grow and will play in Europe for awhile, SO that will leave the Clippers open as a big player in the FA market....which I hope they'll use to get a SF that has range!

korolev_pc_fp_050629.jpg

As a Clippers fan I cant say Im happy with the pick...but they think he still has time to grow and will play in Europe for awhile, SO that will leave the Clippers open as a big player in the FA market....which I hope they'll use to get a SF that has range!

The Clippers in the free agent market? HA! That'll only happen when Sterling leaves.

VmWIn6B.png

korolev_pc_fp_050629.jpg

i think it's an ok pick for them, they didn't really need to add anymore depth on that young roster. And like you said, this lets them develop a player while off salary so they can continue to improve the team through free agency (wow, cant believe I just said that for a Donald Sterling owned team!).

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

Archived