Motor City FC Concept

HatCityEnforcer

Just a little something I decided to go with here...I think this came out OK for the most part...the jerseys have a decided Arsenal influence and definitely fit for the concept.

C&C always welcomed

motorcityfc_concept.gif

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Looks good, man. The logo's a little abstract for me, but if you say it's from GM, I won't argue with you. ^_^

I look forward to having these clash with Centennial FC's uniforms on the pitch.

nah, the logo is a great idea, could be tweaked a bit, but i love the famous detroit statue in there (the name of it escapes me, and i dont want to google it to sound more learned.)

id say stylize it a bit, and maybe border it from the stripes? im not sure, just something to make it stick out more.

The statue is called "The Spirit of Detroit", and I think the crest is very, very cool. Just hope you don't plan on having the team play at Ford Field. :D

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

yeah, i've seen that statue dressed in a wings jersey before :) circa 1997 :)

not a bad concept. a little blah on the uniform design, but simple is classy sometimes.

i hate when the crest is in the middle... maybe it's cause i'm a blackburn fan, and every time the crest is in the middle, it seems like we get relegated. but either way, solid concept. keep em coming :)

• 6 months later...

The statue looked much better donning the Wings jersey IMO.

Great looking concept by the way. I really like the yellow one, although it probably would be better to use the red/white ones. A red and silver might not look half bad either.

I like them (unis and logo/crest). I'm just waiting for someone to complain that you used green in the logo while it isn't anywhere else in the uniform (like many people complain about the Ravens having the yellow and red from the Maryland flag in their logo without using it elsewhere -- :P ).

Most Liked Content of the DayΒ -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017Β  Β  Β /////Β  Β  Β Β Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005Β Β πŸ™ƒ

I'm assuming he used "green" for the statue because the statue is made out of bronze, and has a natural occuring "patina" or "corroded layer" which is given to it by either oxidation with the atmosphere or by chemical reactions from smog from all those damn autos. Either way, I think it looks good. I agree with tajmccall, you should add a border around it to make it stand out from the stripes. Other than that little tweak, I think its a good concept.

In case I wasn't clear, I assumed the statue in the crest was "green" (not sure why bigtex used quotes, because the statue in the crest is, in fact, green <_< ) because the real statue is green (or whatever name we choose to assign to the "natural occuring 'patina' or 'corroded layer'" on corroded bronze, copper and the like). I only mentioned the statue color as a bit of a tangent because many on this board go crazy over logo colors that don't appear elsewhere in the uniform (Ravens red and yellow, Steelers red and blue, Yankees red, for example), which in most contexts is not a big deal to me. This would be one of those contexts -- because he was depicting an actual statue and was remaining true to its actual color.

Most Liked Content of the DayΒ -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017Β  Β  Β /////Β  Β  Β Β Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005Β Β πŸ™ƒ

I love the sleeves, and the crest/logo. What I would like to see is the crest moved from the center of the chet to the left breast, I don't know but I think it would look alot better. Unfortunatley, I can't stand the GM wordmark in blue, it doesn't fit at all to my eyes, and it's like looking at the sun to me. That and the green of the statue seems out of place. I realize that the actual statue is green, but I think that they can permit it to be changed to a more matching color. Other than that I really like this concept.

In case I wasn't clear, I assumed the statue in the crest was "green" (not sure why bigtex used quotes, because the statue in the crest is, in fact, green <_< ) because the real statue is green (or whatever name we choose to assign to the "natural occuring 'patina' or 'corroded layer'" on corroded bronze, copper and the like). I only mentioned the statue color as a bit of a tangent because many on this board go crazy over logo colors that don't appear elsewhere in the uniform (Ravens red and yellow, Steelers red and blue, Yankees red, for example), which in most contexts is not a big deal to me. This would be one of those contexts -- because he was depicting an actual statue and was remaining true to its actual color.

heh, don't sweat it too much...this issue is actually extremely common in soccer. Arsenal's old crest used old gold and green in addition to red and white. ManUre uses yellow in theirs. West Ham uses a golden castle and golden hammers in their crest, but not in the uniform. Real Madrid uses gold and purple in its crest, but typically any trim on their all-white uniforms is black. going to this side of the pond, the Crew use silver in their crest, but have never used it in the uniform. DC Divided's crest uses a lot of red and some gold, but you usually only see the bare minimum of red in the uniform, and no gold at all (and then there was that one time they wore navy).

http://colours-of-football.com

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🀬

Archived