1st announced NHL game

OMMF

I'm sure someone worked very hard on this, but the new schedule sucks. Why, in the midst of a NW division road trip, would you have the Bruins come home for one game?

Dec 3 2005, Sat AWAY Oilers  10:00 PM ET - 

Dec 4 2005, Sun AWAY Canucks  10:00 PM ET - 

Dec 7 2005, Wed AWAY Avalanche  9:00 PM ET - 

Dec 11 2005, Sun HOME Coyotes  5:00 PM ET - 

Dec 15 2005, Thu AWAY Wild  8:00 PM ET - 

Dec 17 2005, Sat AWAY Flames  10:00 PM ET -

I'm sure someone worked very hard on this, but the new schedule sucks. Why, in the midst of a NW division road trip would you have the Bruins come home for one game?

we just got hockey back after 309 days of hockey hell and your complaining about the schedual? consiuder yourself lucky that goodenow and bettman got their heads out of their asses to do what was right for the fans. i know i am.

I'm sure someone worked very hard on this, but the new schedule sucks. Why, in the midst of a NW division road trip, would you have the Bruins come home for one game?

More importantly, why group 6 of a team's 10 games against the other conference in a row? I can understand the away ones for traveling purposes, but the home one makes no sense at all.

Also, this:

Mar 21 2006, Tue AWAY Oilers  9:00 PM ET - 

Mar 23 2006, Thu HOME Oilers  10:00 PM ET - 

Mar 25 2006, Sat HOME Oilers  10:00 PM ET -

should never happen. I'm all for division rivalries but the Canucks and Oilers should not be playing each other 3 tims in 5 nights.

How about Carolina and Washington playing 5 times in 13 days (3 consecutively, 2 sandwiching Tampa)??

Mar 25 2006, Sat HOME Capitals  7:00 PM ET

Mar 29 2006, Wed HOME Capitals  7:00 PM ET  

Apr 3 2006, Mon HOME Capitals  7:00 PM ET  

Apr 5 2006, Wed AWAY Capitals  7:00 PM ET  

Apr 7 2006, Fri AWAY Capitals  7:00 PM ET

They also play 2 times in 10 days in October.

BTW, the one missing is in January.

the first game of the season should be habs/leafs. let the two oldest teams in the world (hockey-wise) and the leauge's most traditional rivalry start off the season.

Actually

the oldest teams are ottawa silver seven, montreal's AAA, Dawson city,seattle metropolitans,vancouver millionaires and the toronto arenas

Hi, how are you?

the first game of the season should be habs/leafs. let the two oldest teams in the world (hockey-wise) and the leauge's most traditional rivalry start off the season.

Actually

the oldest teams are ottawa silver seven, montreal's AAA, Dawson city,seattle metropolitans,vancouver millionaires and the toronto arenas

Amazingly enough, the Toronto Arenas (who were named the Blueshirts before that) are now the Maple Leafs and the Ottawa Silver Seven (who were never actually named that) are the Ottawa Senators who...buh buhbuh baaaah.....are facing each other on opening night!

But technically, none of those teams even exist to possess a rivalry.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Actually

Amazingly enough, the Toronto Arenas (who were named the Blueshirts before that) are now the Maple Leafs and the Ottawa Silver Seven (who were never actually named that) are the Ottawa Senators who...buh buhbuh baaaah.....are facing each other on opening night!

But technically, none of those teams even exist to possess a rivalry.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

actually the blue shirts were a seperate franchise from the old nha. the current toronto maple leafs team dates back to 1917 whith the formation of the nhl. then they were known as the arenas. here's the history of the toronto maple leafs.

before the nhl there was the national hockey association (nha). the nha comprised of the montreal canadiens, montreal wanderers, toronto blue shirts, the original ottawa senators, and the quebec bulldogs. the owners of the canadiens, wanderers, senators, and bulldogs all became unhappy with the nha's incompatent leadership and stupid rules (like giving a penalty to a goalie if he left his feet). the owner of the blue shirts was engadging in a kickback scheme with the nha leaders that the other owners knew about. so one day in 1917 the the owners of the canadiens, wanderers, senators, and bulldogs all met in the windsor hotel in montreal to discuss forming a new leauge. they broke away from the nha and formed the national hockey leauge (nhl). because the toronto blue shirts were the only team left in the nha, both the nha and blue shirts soon died.

however the new nhl realised that toronto was hungry for hockey and could be a gret revanue source for the leauge. so new ownership was found in toronto, and the toronto arenas were formed in 1917 just in time for the innagural nhl season. the arenas would change their name to the st. pats, then finally in 1927 to the maple leafs.

as for ottawa, good point. so if you want to get technical the two oldest teams in the nhl are the senators and canadiens, though there was never really a rivalry between the two. leafs/habs is still the sport's most traditional rivalry.

Actually

when i said oldest teams in hockey i ment teams that were still around. the toronto arenas are the only team you mentioned that are still alive today (as the maple leafs). they were formed in 1917. the montreal canadiens were fromed in 1909.

Archived