MLB Online Style guide on CD

GeorgesL

The author of that CD has posted here a few times. The first time, he was showing off the incomplete .pdf file. The next time, he was selling the CD.

Seems very thorough.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yep, Bill Henderson is his name, and the CD is amazing. I would be interested to know how many hours and dollars he has put into his collection and the CD. He posted here a few weeks ago and gave us a coupon code we could use at his site to get a $5 discount on the CD, but I'm too lazy to look up that thread right now. Anybody feeling motivated? There was another thread or two about this in the past, as well.

Haha, that's funny. I could make a CD like that for the NFL from 1960-Present.

Then why not do so?

I'd expect there'd be some interest, you might make a dollar or two.

Especially if you've already collected the information.

I was under the impression that it was illegal. If not, then I might just do that.

$5 discount on the CD

The cost of the CD package is $179.95 - I wonder if I can get an educator's discount?? For a teacher boys, that's a lot out of my budget.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

$5 discount on the CD

The cost of the CD package is $179.95 - I wonder if I can get an educator's discount?? For a teacher boys, that's a lot out of my budget.

Holy crap, that's a lot of money. Isn't this illegal in some fashion? I'm just curious, because if not, then I have all the information for the NFL Jerseys from 1960 to now.

Interesting.

$5 discount on the CD

Holy crap, that's a lot of money. Isn't this illegal in some fashion? I'm just curious, because if not, then I have all the information for the NFL Jerseys from 1960 to now.

Interesting.

It seems illegal to me, perhaps some of our legal experts can help us out here.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

He's only charging $29 for the Style Gude, the $175 is for the seperate Typeface CD. I can't comment on the legality of it, however.

Yes, the $5 off is for the $29 Style Guide, which is the CD with a photo of every regular issue jersey worn in MLB since 1970.

"Technical Advisor" privileges?

Yeah, he came to me a while ago to see what I thought of it...he's a guy who was living in Tokyo temporarily with his family, but now has moved back to his home in Philadelphia. I helped out a little with colors, logos and what-not.

I've got 4 or 5 CD-ROMs of different versions of it in my study.

"Technical Advisor" privileges?

Yeah, he came to me a while ago to see what I thought of it...he's a guy who was living in Tokyo temporarily with his family, but now has moved back to his home in Philadelphia. I helped out a little with colors, logos and what-not.

I've got 4 or 5 CD-ROMs of different versions of it in my study.

You are 4 or 5x more awesome than me :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

It's kind of a gray area. I don't see anything illegal about publishing a picture book of the uniforms.

The problem lies in the distribution of the typefaces. He said he redrew all the fonts by hand, so he owns the vector files for them. But many of the fonts were previously created by another artist (in the case of the German-style Brewers and Pirates, for example). It's not quite the same as the generic block lettering used by most MLB teams (and other major leagues as well). But certain typefaces are unique to certain teams, and selling unathorized copies of these proprietary fonts (original or otherwise) could violate copyright laws. I guess it's similar to buying a CD full of fonts that are cheap and renamed knockoffs of the original fonts.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived