Ebay Fraud

Diablo de Tejas

Was he a coach or spring training "instructor" maybe?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No worse than the Cowboys--who should know better--trying to pass this off as an authentic Staubach throwback. He never wore that name lettering nor that number font. It's just a modern-day jersey with "Staubach" slapped on the back. For shame.

235-561-213019.jpg

There is one guy selling over 350 fake Majestics made in Korea. After a friend of mine bought one and showed it to me (despite me telling him that the player letteri ng was wrong), I felt compelled to email Majestic about the guy. The jerseys have tagging that looks authentic, including a generic MLB neck patch.

Biggest thing to remember about authentic Russell and Majestic MLB jerseys is that they are all Made in the USA. Most of the fakes come from Korea. Asking the seller is a good way to determine this because they usually will be upfront about it because they don't know the difference.

I wrote to one of the two guys about the fraud.

That is all he answered me:

I totally agree with that. Texas never had the blue uniforms during the Nolan played. But for the price of the jersey, you can't pass that up.

Well, he is right... the jersey is still cheap.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

"heat damage?" Yeah, the Rangers must have switched to the vynal press-on one-color numbers just for Ryan, and changed their minds after they scorched the polyester :D

In the description it does say "game worn." Which means he must have worn it to a game.

"heat damage?" Yeah, the Rangers must have switched to the vynal press-on one-color numbers just for Ryan, and changed their minds after they scorched the polyester :D

In the description it does say "game worn." Which means he must have worn it to a game.

or the seller was wearing it while playing a game of solitare at his computer :D

qvAvG.jpg

Man, that Manning Jersey is bizarre. It has no relation to the Colts unis.

Anyway, the Ryan jersey looks like it was a blank jersey and the dude just used a heat press to put the name and numbers on himself, or some tshirt store did it for him.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Hey BRice, how can the US customs stop the counterfeited sports' clothes?

That's a good question. I'm not sure they can or are willing to. I mean, with the amount of fake merchandise that is imported every year, you'd have to have a special task force trained to spot it. I don't think customs has any desire to do that.

ebay is notoriously uncooperative with companies trying to stop the spread of fake products. Their attitude is that they aren't responsible for what is sold, provided the item doesn't violate their terms of service. Being an obvious fake isn't in the TOS.

We've had a similar thing in Australia.

One guy was selling multiple club jumper, all signed by now deceased club legends.

Thing was, the photo of them showed the signatures were all in the same handwriting. And none looked like the signatures of the people named.

Same guy was selling cards in the same way.

All 'signed' by deceased club legends, all in the same handwriting, and he was selling these as one package.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived