Panthers to retire 1st no.

pagan696

freddie lane was kinda an embarassment right before he was shipped off to Polian and the Colts. doing crotch grabs, end zone dancing the worm, sitting during the national anthem, a bad attitude, drug and gun charges, and the subsequent murder by his wife... he had wayyy too much baggage for Ring of Honor or retired number status.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I thought they already did steve Berlien....maybe he retired as a panther?

signed for the day, then retired as a Panther. you got it!

the only other similar honors are our "Ring of Honor" names on the inside bowl of the upper deck. Mike McCormick (former GM) and Sam Mills (player/coach) are already there as well as the statues of them out in front of the stadium.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

along with Sam Mils, I heard that Reggie White will also get his number retired by the Packers. Though I am wondering if the Eagles are going to do the same since he did have a great career there too.

Sorry to hijack this theard but a friend and I had a debate about what to do with a player from Houston Oilers and how to retire his number. Like for instance, I think Warren Moon should get his number retire just because he had a great career and will be known as Oilers' great quarterback back in his prime. But who would retire it? The Titans which Moon never played a down in TN or should it be the Texans, the city where Moon played at.

again sorry to hijack, hooray for Sam Mils, couldn't happen to a real professional. Like Reggie, I am sad to know he will not be there to see it retired.

good question on Moon...he played for the franchise that became the Titans, but they'd probably still be the Houston Oilers if they didn't trade him to the Vikes before the 94 season (en route to the eventual 2-14 collapse and the beginning of the end for the Oilers)...I mean, why would you trade Warren Moon unless you were getting Joe Montana in return?

anyways, I'd imagine the Titans would do the honors.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived