New England Patriots Alternates

RedFalcon7

I realize that silver is the pats third color, but red is as important as silver, if not, more important. i mean, blue white and silver isnt all that patriotic... so i thought maybe for all the fans that love the throwbacks, maybe the alternates oughtta look a little more like this...

NE.jpg

they could even be the only NFL team to wear alternate road uniforms if they did something along these lines...

NE2.jpg

Lemme hear whatcha think!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the red jerseys' been tried, though i'm not totally against it as I've been in the recent past. the red-numbered road, however, few have gone that road in recolors. I know one thing, I wouldn't bring red pants back, but the red digits work here: they remind me of the Bledsoe roads B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

not again <_<

sorry, dont like it. the idea of a red pats alt has been tried before and most members here know why i'm against it, so i won't go on my rant. i will leave you all with this though:

pats in blue= 4 super bowl apperances. 3 wins.

pats in red= 1 super bowl apperance, they got blown out.

you're right about the white jersey with the silver pants, i think that would look good with their standard white jersey but they insist on the blue pants with the white jersey so i figure they'd wear red pants with white jerseys if they dressed like this

It's oxymoronic for the Patriots to wear red like the British troops they were fighting. I mean, the concept itself is good, but it's really a non sequitur. Good precision in the concept, but no historical accuracy. Sorry.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

It has just come to my attention that certain divisions of the Continental Army DID in fact wear red. Case in point, the following link, featuring a picture taken by skyaa1, featuring red Revolutionary-era uniforms being worn in DC's 4th of July parade.

Red Continental Army Uniforms

Yup, some of the American soldiers did in fact wear red, mostly because they were uniforms they still had left over from the French & Indian War...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

It has just come to my attention that certain divisions of the Continental Army DID in fact wear red.  Case in point, the following link, featuring a picture taken by skyaa1, featuring red Revolutionary-era uniforms being worn in DC's 4th of July parade.

Red Continental Army Uniforms

Yup, some of the American soldiers did in fact wear red, mostly because they were uniforms they still had left over from the French & Indian War...

yes, but as was already said, they originally wore those red jackets when fighting in the french and indian war. BUT the american colonies fought as part of the british army during the F&I war.

Archived