NBA Europe Team 4

AAO

I did the logos, Greg did the unis. We decided on 'Reign' with the Eiffel Tower because it reigns over the city, and in reminiscience of Cardinal Richelieu and the reign of Napoleon. Custom font by me.

EDIT: damn could a mod please move this to the concepts thread for me...sorry guys...thanks.

NBAEuropeTeam4-ParisReign.gif

The logos are fantastic but the uniforms are not up to par with them. The neck style, block font, and side stripes are a little to basic looking for a logo with such a modern feel. Also, make the player name white. Black would not stand out enough.

Untitled-1.png

This whole project is coming along wonderfully. This set is probably my favorite so far. The colors, the uniforms, the logos, everything is spot on.

One (unrelated) question, though. Do you plan on continuing your MLB redesigns when this is finished? I'd really like to see what you'd do with the Yankees, Giants, Cardinals, etc.

thanks for the comments guys. but phayze i gotta disagree with you...personally i love the unis. yea a white player name font on the aways would be more appropriate but thats all id change. and anomalied, i do plan on continuing with the mlb redesign, i just took a little break. i actually have the dodgers, cardinals, and pirates complete, just havent posted.

and KC, team 2 was the Madrid Matadors. Team 1 was actually changed to the Sicily Sharks, and team 3 was the Munich Warhawks.

AAO and GMS, this is a really nice looking package.

I really like the logos. As kc51 mentioned, the logos might be simple, but there is just enough detailing in it so that it doesn't look too plain. It also shows that you have taken your time with these logos in order to have a great package. Colors match really well and the tertiary mark looks really good. On the primary, what are the lines at the top on the left and right of the Eiffel tower? Are they "light beams" coming from the bball? Although it keeps the balance for the logo, it might be hard to figure out at first. I can't really suggest anything right now on how you might fix this, because the balance would be changed.

GMS, the uniforms look really good. Nice classic look, no complaints there. But, as the logo has lots of curved lines, it might have been great to see some curves on the unis. The "fleur-de-lys" at the back is a really nice touch. I wonder what a gold alternate would look like...

Great work and congrats to both!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Now this is the best of the logos (ENBA) you've done yet AAO. Great Job!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Would a team in Paris have an English nickname? I think it would be in French. The word "reign" would be "règne", and I don't think you'd be able to have the spiked ends come down in the wordmark like you did with "reign".

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Would a team in Paris have an English nickname? I think it would be in French. The word "reign" would be "règne", and I don't think you'd be able to have the spiked ends come down in the wordmark like you did with "reign".

not nessesarily... my cousin lives in switzerland and they have a soccer team named simply "grasshopper" because back when they were formed soccer was still a very english sport, so they named it with an english word so that the english fans could identify with them, so i was thinking since basketball is very american it might work

Easily my favorites of this current set, AAO. That said, a couple things to chew on.

1. Swap out the black for blue. Blue has always been a predominant color in French culture. It's one of the national colors. The men's traditional darker (not Oxford blue) dress shirt color is called "French blue". Black and red are too similar to the traditional colors of Germany, which wouldn't play well with Paris.

2. With your wordmark having spikes that point directly into the middle of the jersey, the number looks misplaced being offset to the right. The wordmark is so symmetric and nicely done, that the number throws off that symmetry.

Otherwise, these are schweet!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

1. Swap out the black for blue. Blue has always been a predominant color in French culture. It's one of the national colors. The men's traditional darker (not Oxford blue) dress shirt color is called "French blue". Black and red are too similar to the traditional colors of Germany, which wouldn't play well with Paris.

2. With your wordmark having spikes that point directly into the middle of the jersey, the number looks misplaced being offset to the right. The wordmark is so symmetric and nicely done, that the number throws off that symmetry.

I concure. :D

cool, appreciate the input guys. yea i understand what you guys are saying about the number being offet to the right.....the reason i went with black and not navy blue was because the Madrid Matadors already used basically that gold/navy/red scheme.

and Chris, the color scheme i originally had was a dark green/teal, and a lighter teal with gold, (much like Puckguy's avatar), but then Greg was showing me his mercenaries concept, and he originally had that off-red/orange color so we used that in place.

Archived