This is getting beyong rediculous...

Camden Crazy

What a crock! Did PETA just compare cockfighting to spousal abuse, bank robbery, and driving while intoxicated? Has a person ever died from cockfighting? I think the PETA members should spend more time combating potentially lethal spousal abuse, violent bank robberies, and keeping drunks off the road and less time worrying about if my dinner is offended by a nickname. I'd like a 10 piece bucket please!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

PETA now wants South Carolina to change their name.  Apparently chickens and roosters worldwide are offended... :rolleyes:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/551261/posts

EDIT: Typo in the title...should be "beyond"

I'm sorry but, this was almost four years ago, not exactly a new story.

Now I should point out, with the exception of this name, PETA has no problem with animal nicknames. I have not found a place on their site that specificly states that all animal nicknames should be banned.

They are more concerned about using animal mascots. I know this is stemming from the native American debate about their mascots.

Besides, if anyone should be offended by that nickname it should feminists :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Has a person ever died from cockfighting?

No, but Kramer once got pecked pretty bad by a ringer rooster that was brought in to take out Little Jerry Seinfeld. At least George got to enjoy his tamale first.

No, but Kramer once got pecked pretty bad by a ringer rooster that was brought in to take out Little Jerry Seinfeld. At least George got to enjoy his tamale first.

Never once watched Seinfeld, but I'm sure it was funny...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

CT90.jpg

Same episode where George discovers the wonders of "fugitive sex."

PETA now wants South Carolina to change their name.  Apparently chickens and roosters worldwide are offended... :rolleyes:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/551261/posts

EDIT: Typo in the title...should be "beyond"

I'm sorry but, this was almost four years ago, not exactly a new story.

As one of our former members used to say, people dont like to let facts get in the way of a good story.

Alright, well, thanks for making me look like a moron. That's really what I look for when I am posting things that I just read. It was posted on another sports forum literally minutes before I posted this. I didn't care to look at the date, I just went straight to the article. Again, thanks for making me look like a freaking moron. It's good to know you treat everyone equally here.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Alright, well, thanks for making me look like a moron. That's really what I look for when I am posting things that I just read. It was posted on another sports forum literally minutes before I posted this. I didn't care to look at the date, I just went straight to the article. Again, thanks for making me look like a freaking moron. It's good to know you treat everyone equally here.

We didn't do that.

What did you expect? You can't just post articles and not expect someone to analyze it. Just be more careful before you rush to post something you read somewhere else.

It wouldn't work out for the Gamecocks. Imagine your games being sponsered by a company that makes a living off of cooking your fellow chickens. I'm certain there some double standard that I haven't found about but I might know for some odd reason about that. ^_^

Anyway, to the topic at hand: Why am I surprised that PETA would act like a bunch of numbskulls. Does the nickname promote cockfighting? No! There are other ways to describe a Gamecock, you know. B)

I hate to be an I told you so, but I told you so.

I said as soon as they start banning Indian Nicknames someother group wil demand the same thing. Well here you go.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I said as soon as they start banning Indian Nicknames someother group wil demand the same thing. Well here you go.

As usual, you've failed to read the part about how this isn't new news.

When's your knee replacement surgery scheduled, anyway?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I know this is stemming from the native American debate about their mascots.

That was me. I believe I stated it original that I "heard" that. Did I lie to gain an edge in an arguement? No. Did I stretch the truth possibly to gain an edge in an arguement? You betcha! :D

When's your knee replacement surgery scheduled, anyway?

oh snap! classic comeback, kj.

may i use that sometime?

Yeah, who reads my posts anyways? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

*You have blocked this user's posts*

Did you say something?

Archived