E-Bay's Most Blatant counterfeitter?

timparry

CCSLC friends!

I need a second (or third, or fourth) opinion on this jersey.  I'm pretty good at spotting the fakes and the color, numbers, striping, and nameplate font look correct to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Item=5237280212

I appreciate the help.

SNB...

From one Tar Heel fan to another, I have to give this a THUMBS DOWN, WAY WAY DOWN.

Here's a drawing of the correct 1989 Niners uniforms:

SanFran89.gif

The first thing I noticed is the sleeve striping. While the width and number of stripes is correct, the last stripe was not on the sleeve edge. There should be a little red at the edge of the sleeve below the stripes.

The second thing I noticed were the sleeve numbers. Keeping in mind what slapshot said above:

Sleeve numbers are generally wider proportionally than on the jersey front & back.

That's generally correct, but the Niners always had abnormally small sleeve numbers that were in proportion with the front & back numbers. These numbers are not only too tall, they're definitely too wide to be Niners' authentic. Which would make this likely not M&N. Although for this joker, it's as close as he's been to a correct fake jersey in a while. My dad got my brother-in-law and I "throwback Eagles jerseys" for Christmas last year for way too little at a kiosk in the local mall that's since closed up. They're so bad I can't even take them out of the box. And I can't report the guy since he disappeared... :mad:

If that's a fake, it's an awfully good fake. That sucks, because I'm really looking for a Montana jersey for my collection. :(

The second one posted with the drop-shadow numbers and stuff. There are a ton of those one eBay and there is no doubt those are so fake it's not even funny.

mainescarf.png

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This looks like a book report that was done the morning it was due....

fc_1_sbl.JPG

What the...  :blink:

There is no fluffing way this piece of plop was signed by Bradshaw, Harris, Swann, and Greene. No fluffing way.

6uXNWAo.png

From one of his auctions:

"Take Feed-Back Serious

There is no need to leave negative feed-back. I

will solve any concerns through emails or phone.

If you leave negative feedback without attempting to resolve any issues you may have, appropriate feedback will be returned."

Isn't this against eBay rules?

1zgyd8w.jpg

"Take Feed-Back Serious

If you leave negative feedback without attempting to resolve any issues you may have, appropriate feedback will be returned."

Everyone does it, he's just stupid enough to post it. Either that he's got a huge set of balls...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

"Take Feed-Back Serious

Everyone does it, he's just stupid enough to post it. Either that he's got a huge set of balls...

Yes, it is against eBay rules. Retributional feedback is not allowed, but again, they tend to favor those who make them a lot of money.

hmm....What's wrong with this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEBRON-JAMES-CAVALIERS...1QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT: Wait a second...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! HAHA! It's supposed to say Cleveland, but his jersey says Cavaliers! Any onle idiot can just look at the pictures!

The picture looks bad, but actually I believe the first year with this new style they did say Cavaliers on the road unis.

No, they didn't. Check out his own draft day picture in the auction.

Well, in that case I think it is a Reebok screw-up. I saw these in stores beofre last season. I think perhaps when Reebok took over from Nike they made a mistake here. I don't think that particular one is a counterfeit.

No, they didn't. Check out his own draft day picture in the auction.

Well, in that case I think it is a Reebok screw-up. I saw these in stores beofre last season. I think perhaps when Reebok took over from Nike they made a mistake here. I don't think that particular one is a counterfeit.

I HIGHLY doubt it. I'd be amazed if you could find a sample of this mistake.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

I know this is the wrong forum, and Chris Creamer, I apologize for taking up space. But check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/9-19-MNF-Giants-vs-New...1QQcmdZViewItem

These are $80 tickets for a charity game! I love my Giants, but they were stupid for making tickets available for sale. This guy is a piece of, of, of DOODY for trying to make a profit off Katrina!!!

OK, I'm off my soapbox now. I hope you all do what I'm about to do, which is write this guy and him a doodyhead.

Hey I just brought two jerseys (Warrick Dunn-Falcons and Edgerin James). Are these fake or the "real deal"?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I know this is the wrong forum, and Chris Creamer, I apologize for taking up space. But check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/9-19-MNF-Giants-vs-New...1QQcmdZViewItem

These are $80 tickets for a charity game! I love my Giants, but they were stupid for making tickets available for sale. This guy is a piece of, of, of DOODY for trying to make a profit off Katrina!!!

OK, I'm off my soapbox now. I hope you all do what I'm about to do, which is write this guy and him a doodyhead.

Actually, it looks like he probably bought the tickets and needs to sell them for whatever reason. I have 2 similar seats myslef and the cost from TM is $186. Starting bid of $195 does not even cover his listing and final value fee. If he gets the Buy it Now price he will make a $30 profit. I think this guy should get the benfit of the doubt. Plus, there are still thousands of tickets for this game available at TM.

Archived