E-Bay's Most Blatant counterfeitter?

timparry

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Majestic has been notified about "worldjersey" but they told me that ebay was uncooperative in helping stop counterfeit sellers. It's that whole "buyer beware" thing.

i see you got shafted too by him

No, I didn't, but I had the pleasure of getting to know a guy that works in PR at Majestic. I saw that worldjersey was selling hundreds of fake Korean jerses with the Majestic logo, I let him know.

Majestic had already contacted ebay about him and another seller, but ebay told them "buyer beware" is their motto and they they aren't responsible for items their members sell. With the fact that the seller imports each jersey individually from Korea, there is even less Majestic can do. ebay really doesn't care.

Actually, I've been buying jerseys on ebay for awhile and got my first fake last month. See if you would have been duped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5220146331

That said, I still like my one fake jersey, in fact, I'm wearing it now.

Majestic has been notified about "worldjersey" but they told me that ebay was uncooperative in helping stop counterfeit sellers. It's that whole "buyer beware" thing.

No, I didn't, but I had the pleasure of getting to know a guy that works in PR at Majestic. I saw that worldjersey was selling hundreds of fake Korean jerses with the Majestic logo, I let him know.

Majestic had already contacted ebay about him and another seller, but ebay told them "buyer beware" is their motto and they they aren't responsible for items their members sell. With the fact that the seller imports each jersey individually from Korea, there is even less Majestic can do. ebay really doesn't care.

Actually, I've been buying jerseys on ebay for awhile and got my first fake last month. See if you would have been duped:

That looks like a pretty good knock off. The only thing that looks a little off is the tackle twill numbers look to be a little thicker than they should be, but very hard to tell from the photo.

That looks like a pretty good knock off. The only thing that looks a little off is the tackle twill numbers look to be a little thicker than they should be, but very hard to tell from the photo.

In person, the name font and material used is just off enough to identify it as a knock-off. That, and it's made in China. But it fooled me enough that I'm not really all that embarassed. I never considered sending it back.

Besides, I've washed it twice (no dryer) and it's held up better than two real Reeboks that I have.

Look at this Pacers jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JERMAINE-ONEAL-PACERS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy makes me sick.

I don't see how it's fake. Help?

look at the colour surrounding the numbers and letters of the jersey... then of the photo.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Not that bad of a fake

That's like saying "well, she's not that pregnant.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not an Ebay expert, but isn't is possible to open an account with them, bid an overly high ammount and then not pay?

Then open a new EBay account and repeat process?

That way, Mr Real Deal gets $20,000 bids for his junk, nobody buys them, and when EBay come knocking, asking why you're doing it, you can give them the obvious response.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

the worst part of all this is Ebay does nothing. They could honestly care less

and they make millions from this garbage. I see people here in new york city

wearing bad knock-off like this all the time. Especially mitchell and ness knockoffs,

and really bad one too. I saw a guy at coney island with a Marino jersey and

the aqua was kelly green and the number font was wrong, hideous. And the guy had a

Dolphins hat on with the correct aqua color, which made the jersey error even more noticablem but

he didn't care he was sporting a M&N jersey ( or so he thought )

Not only that...I don't think they had names.

The problem lies in that a majority of people view "stiched on" as authentic no matter what. That's why if you look at his feeback someone says its a EQT jersey and not an authentic. He says its not an EQT and he probably in reality doesn't have a clue what it is.

Archived