E-Bay's Most Blatant counterfeitter?

timparry

My bad, BRice, I was only talking about the real deal dude...I thought that was the subject of the thread.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something about his Barry Sanders jersey looks fishy, but I can't quite point it out. As a HUGE Lions fan, I'm disappointed in myself for not picking it out. While I'm digging a hole to hide myself in shame, maybe you guys can figure out why it looks odd. Or, maybe I'm just seeing things, and it actually is correct.

Sanders Jersey

Also, since when was Rasheed Wallace #36? I haven't watched basketball much since the retirement of the god of basketball, aka "Thunder" Dan Majerle...only kidding, but he is my favorite. I almost thought his Sheed jersey had the wrong number, only to find that he actually was #36, rather than 30.

Something about his Barry Sanders jersey looks fishy, but I can't quite point it out. As a HUGE Lions fan, I'm disappointed in myself for not picking it out. While I'm digging a hole to hide myself in shame, maybe you guys can figure out why it looks odd. Or, maybe I'm just seeing things, and it actually is correct.

Sanders Jersey

Incorrect sleeve striping

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The 2's are wrong. Look at the action photo, then look at the jersey. The 2 should have a horizontal middle bar, not a diagonal stroke. The sleeve numbers on the e-bay jersey are the correct style, but they're not wide enough. Sleeve numbers are generally wider proportionally than on the jersey front & back.

The lettering looks a little weird as well. I think the strokes are too thick.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The 2's are wrong. Look at the action photo, then look at the jersey. The 2 should have a horizontal middle bar, not a diagonal stroke. The sleeve numbers on the e-bay jersey are the correct style, but they're not wide enough. Sleeve numbers are generally wider proportionally than on the jersey front & back.

Good eye, I didn't see the 2 difference. :)

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

I'm sorry you got ripped off. As a result of a friend getting ripped off a while back, I definitely look at someone's feedback before I bid. This scammers "approval" rating is in the 98.5 range, but that's actually low for E-bay sellers.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

even funnier, compare the 2 on the front of the jersey with the 2 on the shoulder of the jersey. they dont' match at all! :lol:

This guy's got some serious balls. If the "authentic" jersey being sold doesn't even match the fluffing action photos listed, can this be reported as counterfeited or something?

CCSLC friends!

I need a second (or third, or fourth) opinion on this jersey. I'm pretty good at spotting the fakes and the color, numbers, striping, and nameplate font look correct to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Item=5237280212

I appreciate the help.

mainescarf.png

CCSLC friends!

I need a second (or third, or fourth) opinion on this jersey.  I'm pretty good at spotting the fakes and the color, numbers, striping, and nameplate font look correct to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Item=5237280212

I appreciate the help.

SNB...

From one Tar Heel fan to another, I have to give this a THUMBS DOWN, WAY WAY DOWN.

Here's a drawing of the correct 1989 Niners uniforms:

SanFran89.gif

The first thing I noticed is the sleeve striping. While the width and number of stripes is correct, the last stripe was not on the sleeve edge. There should be a little red at the edge of the sleeve below the stripes.

The second thing I noticed were the sleeve numbers. Keeping in mind what slapshot said above:

Sleeve numbers are generally wider proportionally than on the jersey front & back.

That's generally correct, but the Niners always had abnormally small sleeve numbers that were in proportion with the front & back numbers. These numbers are not only too tall, they're definitely too wide to be Niners' authentic. Which would make this likely not M&N. Although for this joker, it's as close as he's been to a correct fake jersey in a while. My dad got my brother-in-law and I "throwback Eagles jerseys" for Christmas last year for way too little at a kiosk in the local mall that's since closed up. They're so bad I can't even take them out of the box. And I can't report the guy since he disappeared... :mad:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Look at the feedbacks posted recently:

"the jersey is not authentic" on the fake brown Edwards one.

"The Jersey was not bad but it did arrive with a stain on it." on the fake white Edwards one.

"Didn't respond to email. 'Brand New Never Worn' jersey was stained/Disappointed!" on another fake white Edwards one.

"good seller, but impatient"

"for the size it seemed kind of small" on an Emmitt Smith size 56 :blink:

Well, I sent an email to the NFL. I hope they do the right thing.

I doubt the NFL will do anything. They have to know these rip of versions off NFL apperal are being made and unfortunately it still goes on. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

somethings wrong with the neck line on this marbury... the blue part is way too thin

these are the ones that we really should bring to ebay's attention because the differences are so subtle that most people wouldn't even notice. he convienently blocked out the point of the neck line (i'm betting it doesn't overlap llike its supposed to)

also the orange looks a little too light

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHON-MARBURY-NEW-YO...1QQcmdZViewItem

m1.jpg

m3.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I have reported close to 100 counterfeits to eBay over the years and I have never seen them do anything. They love these guys who bring them boat loads of money. The only thing I have ever seen them suspend a seller for is not paying their bills, because THAT costs eBay money. Their whole operation is turning into a sad joke. It started out as the world's largest garage sale with some really great finds. Nowadays there is waaay too much buyer beware.

even funnier, compare the 2 on the front of the jersey with the 2 on the shoulder of the jersey. they dont' match at all! :lol:

That's what it was...the numbers. The blue looks a bit too light as well, but most Lions jerseys look that way to me. The stripes looked acceptable, but maybe they are on the thin side. THose numbers are way off though, well at least the front and back ones.

I have reported close to 100 counterfeits to eBay over the years and I have never seen them do anything. They love these guys who bring them boat loads of money. The only thing I have ever seen them suspend a seller for is not paying their bills, because THAT costs eBay money. Their whole operation is turning into a sad joke. It started out as the world's largest garage sale with some really great finds. Nowadays there is waaay too much buyer beware.

Yea, I agree.

Also I have to say that NFL Properties said there's nothing they can do about it, it's eBay's responsibility and they obviously won't do a damned thing about it.

Archived