"Hand of God" mystery solved.

sacker12

Meh Diego is old news, Its alll about his brother the manager of the Puerto Rico Islanders. Me and the other Toronto Ultras broke out the Your Brothers A Cokehead chants when he was in town on Sunday.

Everybody knew it was a handball so its not all that big of a deal.

1zqy8ok.gif

Meh Diego is old news, Its alll about his brother the manager of the Puerto Rico Islanders. Me and the other Toronto Ultras broke out the Your Brothers A Cokehead chants when he was in town on Sunday.

Oh, god, you're an Ultra?

I knew I should have decided to take the roadtrip up for the Labour Day game! :D A bunch of us will be in Columbus that Saturday for the US/Mexico game, then we talked about getting a bunch of people to drive to Toronto on Sunday for the Monday game, but we all seemed to have chickened on it. One guy might be going, though. (Go Thunder!)

Puerto Rico is easly the most classless team in the league.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Argentinians have a deep resentment against the English because of the Malvinas / Falklands stuff.

Argentinians took those islands in 1820 and England banned them in 1833. Before 1820, the islands were part of the Spanish Empire.

Recently a book sponsored by the Brit Gov'ment makes serious doubts about the solidity of the English rights over those damned islands.

Since that year the South Americans always hated the English. They regarded the famous "Hand of God" as the materialization of the proverb: he who cheats a cheat and robs a thief, earns a dispensation for 100 years.

American movies like "Braveheart" and "The Patriot" (both with Mel Gibson) were too applauded by Argentinians.

The English weren't too gentlemen in soccer... remember the 1966 Final of the World Cup against West Germany... the third goal was too doubtful (the ball didn't enter absolutely inside of the goal).

Well, maybe you have strong affections with the Brits so there go your reasons.

The mine are based in all I read and I watched from both sides so there are conclusions of mine that aren't emotional.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

The English weren't too gentlemen in soccer... remember the 1966 Final of the World Cup against West Germany... the third goal was too doubtful (the ball didn't enter absolutely inside of the goal).

Ha ha. Why does that mean English didn't act sportingly? Truthfully no-one knew, and the TV coverage of the time isn't at all conclusively. Certain replays fairly clearly show the line at all times, as the ball bounces, rather than the ball covering the line. Its a tough call.

Maradona fairly clearly handled the ball, and only a sense of shame stopped him admit it straight away.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Meh Diego is old news, Its alll about his brother the manager of the Puerto Rico Islanders.  Me and the other Toronto Ultras broke out the Your Brothers A Cokehead chants when he was in town on Sunday.

I knew I should have decided to take the roadtrip up for the Labour Day game! :D A bunch of us will be in Columbus that Saturday for the US/Mexico game, then we talked about getting a bunch of people to drive to Toronto on Sunday for the Monday game, but we all seemed to have chickened on it. One guy might be going, though. (Go Thunder!)

Yeah theres nothing like being the most passionate fans about a crap team. Hell we know and care more about the team then our lousy owner.

1zqy8ok.gif

Meh Diego is old news, Its alll about his brother the manager of the Puerto Rico Islanders.  Me and the other Toronto Ultras broke out the Your Brothers A Cokehead chants when he was in town on Sunday.

Yeah theres nothing like being the most passionate fans about a crap team. Hell we know and care more about the team then our lousy owner.

we have a team?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Diego Maradona acknowledged that he struck the ball with his hand in the famous "Hand of God" goal against England in the 1986 World Cup quarterfinals.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/4801922

Meh, we all knew it all along. An unhappy England is a happy me! :D

*Edit: And apparently an unhappy England equals Post #600! Woo!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

we have a team?

LOL well yeah Toronto has a team, even though they play in Missisauga. And Chris you have just proved why our owners suck, becuase they dont advertise at all.

S.O.S. MLS!!!

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived