chicago wnba on 9/20

goforbroke

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about the Chicago RedBulls.

Named after the energy drink of same name. They could get a big sponsorship and use the redbull drink logo and colors.

Or BullRiders Riders BullRunners GoldCoast Landlords Slumlords Cabbies Mobsters

Or my favorite.....Drum Roll Please.......The LOOPS. It says it all and works best if RedBulls sponsorship idea falls through.

LOOPS would have a nice cursive looping written logo and could use the L(train system) as a logo. RR tracks going down the side of pants with girders incorporated in a secondary logo to mimic the elevated portions.

You've given this waaaay too much thought. :D

How about the Chicago "The WNBA won't be around in 5 years" does that move ya?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

can anyone explain to me why the team in connecticut is called the sun. logically a name like that would belong in like florida or california. ok well i guess miami did have that name albeit in spanish. i was just curious the name didnt seem to fit the region.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Since the WNBA and MLS have been leaders in the use of non-plural team names, I think its clear that the Chicago WNBA team will take naming to a whole new place.

The single letter.

The Chicago L.

Good local reference combined with the quality you've come to expect from WNBA team names.

If we're going to go for a single letter reference, how about "Y"? That way when another team loses to them, it looks even worse.

"Well the New York Liberty played really badly last night. They played so poorly they lost to a team from the Chicago Y last night by 20 points!"

Wait for it...

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I can promice that the team will be non plural. The WNBA is trying to ruin sports by not putting an s on the end of their names.

I think part of the reason why the names kind of suck and are non-plural because there really aren't all that many generic plural names left in sports. With the NFL, NBA and MLB, basically all the good ones are taken.. so it would make sense that MLS, WNBA and the now defunct WUSA have all had rather lame mascots.

And typically, the women's leagues aren't necessarily trying to appeal to the average sports fan (male, teen-middleaged) - their target audience are women, children, and families. So a name, uniform design, etc. that we might find unappealing could be a 12 year old girl's obsession.

L or loop might not be fitting, the team'll play on the west side of town, @ UIC. But then again, I've never taken it to the west side-- and my suburan-ness will never allow me to.

Also: in honor of the most famous woman in Chicago, the Chicago Oprah(s) -- pluralization optional

I can promice that the team will be non plural. The WNBA is trying to ruin sports by not putting an s on the end of their names.

Currently, six of the thirteen teams in the WNBA have plural names. While this isn't quite a majority, it certainly isn't as dire as you'd make it sound.

Comets

Lynx

Monarchs

Mystics

Silver Stars

Sparks

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived