Fresno falcons

-kj

The Fresno Falcons of the ECHL, formerly of the WCHL, unveiled a new logo and jerseys yesterday, and announced their new affiliation with the San Jose Sharks today. The Joe Bosack Group is responsible for the new look.

Story on ECHL.com

birdonly2.gif

wordfull.gif

No good pictures of the jerseys, only this from the ECHL website:

Fresno821.jpg

There's a secondary also, shown in places on the Falcons' website.

Personally, I liked their old logo. This is pretty good, but I thought the old one was clean and original.

And I hope they're not really going to put the name above the bird on their jerseys. WHY MUST TEAMS CLUTTER JERSEYS AND OBSCURE THEIR OTHERWISE NICE LOGOS BY SLAPPING THE NAME ON THERE?!?! Er, sorry, just a peeve.

Edit:  Also, those jerseys kindof remind me of either the original Sharks jerseys, or more of the San Jose Rhinos.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Being a fan of a former-WCHL/now ECHL team (Bakersfield Condors), I have see nthe Falcons play and I really like the new logo. I'm really not a fan of the design of the uni's. Where does the black come from on the stripes? take away the black and you'll have a better jersey. I'll get to see these new jerseys in action in about a month, so I'll let you all know how good they look. Puckguy should like Fresno now, seeing as how they've affiliated with the Sharks.

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

I always thought the way the old logo combined the FF into the falcon (which actually looked right, as opposed to the recent Tri-Cities Americans unveiling) was one of the cooler logos in sports.

Ah well, this ain't bad, although it's extremely Atlanta Hawks-ish.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

the only gripe i have is the likeness to the hawks, but i figure they couldn't avoid looking like somebody.  otherwise nice work, unlike...ahh, i'm not gonna say it, you're probably thinking it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

With the portfolio the JBG has compiled, why aren't they working more with the big four?  Any work from them would trounce the new Rockets, Blue Jays, and Coyotes designs.  I don't mind the Rockets design and I like the Coyotes new logo, but I still maintain that JBG would have blown us away.

It seems like a perfect fit when Joe put Nitroseed in his database, the work seems similar and, well, amazing.

While the old FF logo was really cool, this new stuff is great.  That font that FALCONS is in is great.

I wish the Sabres would contact JBG for new designs, which I predict by 2006.

It sounds like I'm sucking up to this design group, but, sweet sassy molassy, they never dissapoint.

and there are three colors they are NOT allowed to use:

Blue, Yellow, or BROWN!

the_finger.gif

and no I dont give a flying F what thier fans say they want. they just dont know whats good for them  :P

and there are three colors they are NOT allowed to use:

Blue, Yellow, or BROWN!

the_finger.gif

and no I dont give a flying F what thier fans say they want. they just dont know whats good for them :P

Well, they better go with orange and green then, because the red, black and silver need to go the way of the Rigases!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived