Jets

EagleFan344

Yes, you did.

They changed the sleeves. Has been discused numerous times.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here ya go:

NewYorkJets_UniformCompare.jpg

I said I was going to do this a while ago, but never got around to it.

Personally, I think the change is silly; it must be a cut/manufacturing thing.

I guess.

According to the in game pics, the stripe from the 2001-2004 jerseys should only come halfway down the shoulder, like in the image from the 2005 jerseys. So the only real change is the underarm part, the striping on the shoulder is still the same legnth.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

According to the in game pics, the stripe from the 2001-2004 jerseys should only come halfway down the shoulder, like in the image from the 2005 jerseys. So the only real change is the underarm part, the striping on the shoulder is still the same legnth.

I agree - I think the official graphics were wrong, and the change is even more minor than what I showed.

Not sure why.

The New York Jets ought to be ashamed of themselves if they market these as "new" uniforms.

totally agree Flame - if anything, they just cheapened the look, and some marketing genius at NFLShop.com said "Hey, they're different...let's call 'em NEW!"

But that's ok...the NFL merchandising department sold its soul awhile ago. $75 for a replica is crap. They didn't even improve the jersey itself to warrant the price hike. :mad:

So the NFL uses the excuse to change the graphic on the style guide to hike the price up? To me, it looks like its the same thing once Reebok took over. I remember when Starter did the jerseys the first year it did go all around.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Someone in another thread suggested that the change was driven more as a result of the manufacturing process, not marketing. I think the rational was that the under-sleeve material that was originally its own piece of fabric is now combined with the side gusset in one really long strip. So whatever color the side gusset is will also be the under-sleeve color. I haven't seen one in person, so I can't confirm if it is one or two pieces of material. My bet is one.

I doubt the Jets or NFL are marketing it as a "New" jersey (at least to the extent that they market the AZ Cards jerseys.) But, technically it is different, so the catalogs probably just put "new" because when they received them the manufacturer probably indicated that there was a new change.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived