Dallas Drake named capt. of Blues

lowey

I was very happy to see this move. Dally was my pick for Captain, but I figured Weight or Tkachuk would be chosen.

I especially like this, because with the departure of Demitra, and retirment of my 2nd choice MacInnis, I have decided to give the honor of being my favorite Blue to Dallas Drake. Heh.

I'm surprised it's not Weight. I think Drake is great, I've always liked him as a player, just surprised to see him given the C.

Also very interesting that Jackman, a guy that's still pretty young, is chosen as an assistant over the likes of Tkachuk.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I was happy when i heard about this move. I'm glad Dally is getting recognized for his hard play and leadership. He's not flashy but he gets the job done. While I like Barret Jackman i also have to admit that i was a little puzzled as to why Tkachuk wasn't given the "A". But never the less hockey season is officially upon us boys.

GO BLUES!!

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

First practice tomorrow...live from the St. Louis Mills mall!

I'll be there...well...maybe.

9am is early for a saturday...plus its like an hour drive.

That's bad.

But..free T-shirt!

That's good!

The T-shirt is cursed.

That's bad.

But its Cotton-Poly Blend!

That's good!

Wow. I'm a little surprised, but - on a selfish level - glad the "A" on the front of my Doug Weight jersey is still accurate. Good for Dally. I think he's deserving, but he definitely has big shoes to fill.

I wish I could make it up for practice Saturday. But it's about a 3 hour drive from where I live, and I've got some work to be done. If anybody goes please feel free to post impressions, pictures, etc. I'm dying for some hockey down here! I did get to see an exhibition game between Missouri State's D-II varsity and jv (ACHA) and SLU's D-I team, but it's just not the same.

Let's go BLUES!!!!!

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Drake as captain makes sense, he's been there longer than Weight and Tkachuk.

Jackman as alternate is interesting. He hasn't done much since winning the calder in 03 (injured in 04, stupid lockout in 05).... talk about asking him to step up and lead the blue line in Pronger and MacInnis' absense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AlIb...ov=ap&type=lgns

^ could factor in to why Tkachuk didn't get the A

Oh wow!

Never been a fan of Tkachuk anyway's.

Dally deserves it BTW, you can tell which guys work hard and which guys have talent but don't always use it, I'm not saying Tkachuk dosn't work hard, but failing a physical isn't really what you want one of your assistant captains to be doing.....so

that's

why

Tkachuk didn't get the "A"

Is it just me, or do the Blues look like they're in for a loooong season?

Hmmmm...............

No more Al MacInnis (obvious Hall of Famer)

No more Chris Pronger (Norris Trophy Winner/Hart Trophy Winner)

No more Pavol Demitra (02-03 Blues Leading Scorer)

.............................ya it'll be a long year for the Blues

Long year for the Blues?

Find me a team not named the Flyers who on paper looks like they'll have a great year.

The Blues have as good a shot as anybody, and they'll keep their playoff streak alive, you can count on that.

We've got that really awesome goalie now. Even without Pronger and MacInnis, we've got good D. Our forwards are very defensive with a scoring balance.

You can say no more Mac, Prongs, or Pavs (and I hate the thought of that), but I say Lalime, Brewer, and even Young.

If the Flames and Lightning were playing for the Cup in a time when parody wasn't the format, why would you count anyone out when it is?

Archived