NFL Week 2

NJTank

I don't know, they might get Minnesota one time. But Chicago's no joke for the Packers, seeing as how Da Beaurs killed the Lions, and the Lions killed the Pack.

With that being said, the NFC North may turn out to be the worst division EVAR.

True. Look's the Packers QB of the future could be Matt Leinart. Sorry Aaron Rodgers. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sep 11 @Detroit Lost 3-17

Sep 18 Cleveland Lost 24-26

Sep 25 Tampa Bay 1:00pm 710

Oct 3 @Carolina 9:00pm

Oct 9 New Orleans 1:00pm 705

Week 6 BYE

Oct 23 @Minnesota 1:00pm 710

Oct 30 @Cincinnati 1:00pm 705

Nov 6 Pittsburgh 4:15pm 713

Nov 13 @Atlanta 4:15pm 712

Nov 21 Minnesota 9:00pm

Nov 27 @Philadelphia 4:15pm 712

Dec 4 @Chicago 1:00pm 710

Dec 11 Detroit 8:30pm

Dec 19 @Baltimore 9:00pm

Dec 25 Chicago 5:00pm

Jan 1 Seattle 4:15pm 713

They could easily be 0-5 by the bye week...

They way the Packers are playing, I don't see them winning until Week 13 against Chicago.

Even the Bears have looked better than GB.

The way the Bengals played today they are not knocking on the door, they have entered the the building

While the Vikings haven't even arrived at the building. They're stuck in traffic....

They're not even in the car Daunte Culpepper keeps fumbling the keys.

Then he tried to throw the keys over to Troy Williamson and Deltha O'Neal took them.

And I'd like to take this time to mention that there is a QB controversy brewing for the Columbus Sharks of the EFL. <_<

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

The way the Bengals played today they are not knocking on the door, they have entered the the building

While the Vikings haven't even arrived at the building. They're stuck in traffic....

Then he tried to throw the keys over to Troy Williamson and Deltha O'Neal took them.

And I'd like to take this time to mention that there is a QB controversy brewing for the Columbus Sharks of the EFL. <_<

Whos your backup?

Week 6 BYE

They way the Packers are playing, I don't see them winning until Week 13 against Chicago.

And you saw what chicago did to the lions today!

Week 6 BYE

And you saw what chicago did to the lions today!

Okay. Okay. Packers 0-16. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

I don't know, they might get Minnesota one time. But Chicago's no joke for the Packers, seeing as how Da Beaurs killed the Lions, and the Lions killed the Pack.

With that being said, the NFC North may turn out to be the worst division EVAR.

It wasn't a joke when it started the NFL...

Or about 5 years ago.

But now...yes its a joke.

And Chicago hopefully will reep the benifits.

Whos your backup?

Kerry Collins, ahahahahaha :lol:

2-1 (Maybe 3-0) here I come :D

Whos your backup?

Kerry Collins, ahahahahaha :lol:

2-1 (Maybe 3-0) here I come :D

Hey! I've got Brett Favre too! (OB33 realizzes the stupidity of his last statement and begins weeping uncontrollably...)

(OB33 regathers himself and begins looking for new additions for his team, he goes to the Add Players screen and notices the first two names on the screen)

Jerry Rice and Rich Gannon are still available?

(Scrolls down screen)

Akili Smith too?

It's gonna be a long year in Columbus...

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Thought this might be a good palce to set up everyones own Power Rankings. Here's Mine:

The Champs

1-New England

The Big Time Contenders

2-Indianapolis

3-Pittsburgh

4-Kansas City

5-Atlanta

6-Philadelphia

Knocking on the Door

7-Buffalo

8-Jacksonville

9-Dallas

10-Cincinatti

In The Hunt

11-New Orleans

12-Carolina

13-Baltimore

14-San Diego

Not Bad

15-Detroit

16-New York Jets

17-Oakland

18-Tampa Bay

19-New York Giants

20-Minnesota

21-Arizona

Holding on By a Thread

22-Washington

23-Seattle

24-Miami

25-Saint Louis

26-Green Bay

27-Denver

28-Houston

The Worst of the Worst

29-San Francisco

30-Chicago

31-Tennessee

32-Cleveland

I would put Seattle in the "Not bad" pile, and KC in the "Knocking on the Door" group but other than that I pretty much agree.

i would put seattle in the knocking on the door, after todays performance.

Thought this might be a good palce to set up everyones own Power Rankings. Here's Mine:

The Champs

1-New England

The Big Time Contenders

2-Indianapolis

3-Pittsburgh

4-Kansas City

5-Atlanta

6-Philadelphia

Knocking on the Door

7-Buffalo

8-Jacksonville

9-Dallas

10-Cincinatti

In The Hunt

11-New Orleans

12-Carolina

13-Baltimore

14-San Diego

Not Bad

15-Detroit

16-New York Jets

17-Oakland

18-Tampa Bay

19-New York Giants

20-Minnesota

21-Arizona

Holding on By a Thread

22-Washington

23-Seattle

24-Miami

25-Saint Louis

26-Green Bay

27-Denver

28-Houston

The Worst of the Worst

29-San Francisco

30-Chicago

31-Tennessee

32-Cleveland

I would put Seattle in the "Not bad" pile, and KC in the "Knocking on the Door" group but other than that I pretty much agree.

what? nearly blowing a 21 point lead?

You would be the only one then... :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Okay, since we're using this format, this is how I have it after (most of) Week 2:

The Big Time Contenders

1. Indianapolis

2. New England

3. Philadelphia

4. Atlanta

5. Pittsburgh

Knocking on the Door

6. Carolina

7. Jacksonville

8. Kansas City

9. New York Jets

10. Buffalo

In The Hunt

11. Cincinatti

12. Tampa Bay

13. Seattle

14. Oakland

15. Denver

Not Bad

16. St. Louis

17. San Diego

18. New Orleans

19. Baltimore

20. Dallas

Holding on By a Thread

21. Detroit

22. New York Giants

23. Chicago

24. Miami

25. Minnesota

26. Houston

The Worst of the Worst

27. Arizona

28. Tennessee

29. Cleveland

30. Green Bay

31. San Francisco

32. Washington

6uXNWAo.png

OK, since we're ranking...might as well do mine :lol:

Contenders

1. Indianapolis

2. Pittsburgh

3. Philadelphia

4. New England

Knocking on the Door

5. Atlanta

6. Carolina

7. Jacksonville

8. Kansas City

9. Cincinnati

10. Tampa Bay

In The Hunt

11. Buffalo

12. NY Jets

13. Seattle

14. Denver

15. St. Louis

Not Bad

16. Dallas*

17. San Diego

18. NY Giants*

19. Oakland

20. New Orleans*

Pretenders

21. Chicago

22. Detroit

23. Washington*

24. Miami

25. Tennessee

26. San Diego

Why Fluffing Bother At This Point?

27. Arizona

28. Houston

29. Cleveland

30. Green Bay

31. Baltimore

32. Minnesota

*--pending tonight's game

BTW, who is that guy that stole Daunte Culpepper's uniform anyways? :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Does anyone agree with me that GB is the worst team in the NFL?

I think that gets a big, fat, emphatic NO.

Although they are clearly at this point one of the 5 worst teams in the league. Just HOW bad they truly are remains to be seen. But when they are in the same division as the Vikings (a preseason darkhorse candidate for the Superbowl no less) who are playing even worse it's not that cut and dried.

Last year, Green Bay started 1-4 and somehow put together 10 wins and won the division. I don't think they will finish anywhere near that high this year, but it's premature to bury them just yet.

This year IS different than last year to be sure. They are losing soundly to really lousy teams. If they don't gel, if they don't come together, if they don't "wake up" then yes.......they will probably win no more than two games. But given the up and down, random nature of the NFL....Green Bay will probably win a couple of division games, upset somebody caught napping and finish with 5-7 wins.

As far as Favre not being a top flight QB anymore. Well.....I don't know what to say about that. He's not the player he once was. But he's plenty effective when surrounded by quality players. Does anyone really think that Elway was at his "best" when he ended his career with two titles? Or was he at last surrounded by the best team in the league? Half the teams in the league would love to have Brett over who they trot out every week.

The unfortunate part for Packers fans is that the building up of the power running offense over the last 4-5 years......while extending Brett's career and streak......has covered up the gradual disintegration of the team as a whole.

The first thing to go was special teams. While Longwell turned out to be a fantastic replacement for Jackie, the coverage and return units have been awful for years. Next game the gradual decline and retirement of defensive leaders like Reggie, LeRoy, Sean Jones and Santana Dotson. These holes were never filled with capable YOUNG athletes or veteran leaders. The GM flux seemed to overwhelm the organization who drafted player after player who didn't pan out....Vonnie Holiday, Jamal Reynolds.......the signing of Joe Johnson.......the HUGE payouts to 2nd teamers like Biamilia and Hunt.

When the Packers were tired of losing to Dallas in the playoffs with TBuck, the had an entire draft of big corners and ended up with non-flashy but very effective Craig Newsome and Doug Evans. Now we draft guys like Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas. And no disrespect to them, but you can't start rookies on the corner with zero pass rush. Which is to say that yes....a very talented corner could instantly improve a secondary.....but every DB looks better when they only have to cover for 2-3 seconds. It's unfair to ask these young, undersized kids, to matchup knowing that we will never reach the QB.

So anyway, yeah. LOTS of bad personnel decisions on the defensive side of the ball for the better part of Sherman's reign. Then, you've got the scapegoat mentality that is not just part of the Packers organization but the entire NFL. 4th and 26. Couldn't just be a terrible play......it HAD to be someone's fault right? So fire Donatell. Donatell now leads a firey and competitive Falcons defense. So it clearly wasn't all his fault. Knee jerk reactions like this have cost us pretty dearly as well.

I meant to make this short but now I've gone and rambled. I guess what I'm saying is that this has been a long time coming. The Pack is really really terrible this year but they deserve it.

All I know for sure is.....I've got Cadillac going against them next weekend in fantasy and am expecting a huge day from him to dull my pain.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Going in to the game, my thought was that a win would mean nothing, since we should win that game. But, a loss could portend a long season.

Sitting there during the game, there was never a point (after the opening drive, that is), where I felt any confidence that we could win.

We need two guards, two CBs, two LBs, and a #1 WR. But I'm not asking much, am I? :D

Oh well, time to take what we've dished out to the rest of the division for the last 15 years or so.

It's where I sit.

We need two guards, two CBs, two LBs, and a #1 WR. But I'm not asking much, am I?

.......and 3 or 4 D-Linemen, 2 safeties, and a TE.

And maybe a new attitude/head coach. So it's good we extended his contract. That'll be nice paying that off for two years even though he'll be fired.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived