Bowling Green Falcons

andrewharrington

I brought the ol' bird up to today's standards, since I don't like the one they just released. I used their new font as a basis to draw some custom numbers. I would also like to see them use more of this gold color that is now part of their scheme. Basically, I don't like them looking like the Browns, and the Browns aren't going to change, so BG has to. :P Consequently, I've also deleted the helmet stripe. The helmet logo is brown and white with gold highlights that mirror those found on the side stripes. The numbers have a little gold in them as well. Enjoy.

bowlinggreen.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your new logo is cool, but may look better if it was slightly italicized, so the falcon would be in a more aggressive position.

I give you credit for uniqueness with the side stripes, but I'm not sure how they would look on an actual uniform. If you really want multi-colored stripes, maybe lose the white and go brown-gold-brown.

Also, while it is a cool feature, I don't think that the way the stripes turn into solid brown before the socks would look very good on a real uniform. A more traditional stripe termination would work better here. The under-arm looks good, though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Little update, I didn't end up liking the three color side stripes, so they are all brown now, and theres a close-up of the helmet logo to look at. On a side note, are there ANY teams that use a stripeless orange helmet?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like your helmet logo the best. Just looks cool, but I think the bottom "sweep" juts out a bit too far or comes down too much. If you were to look at this without knowing their prior design, you might not really know it was a bird without studying it. Try it on some female co-workers. They'll probably take a couple seconds before saying "it's a bird".

However, the design is pretty neat and dynamic in of itself.

Did you do the front and back helmet templates? They are awesome.

Thick single-color pants stripes seem a little bit too 'old school' for this concept. Since you decided to use single color, maybe brown piping instead?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

These are much nicer than what the Falcons wear now.

Bowling Green is the only college football team I've seen whose numbers are Arial Bold Italic.

If the font of your team's numbers came with Microsoft Windows, that's pretty sad.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Little update, I didn't end up liking the three color side stripes, so they are all brown now, and theres a close-up of the helmet logo o look at. On a side note, are there ANY teams that use a stripeless orange helmet?

You know,for some reason i liked the first version better,why i don't know?

I think I may be revamping the entire MAC; there are a few ghastly uniforms in there. It waits to be seen, though. Arial bold italic, what a shame.

I brought the ol' bird up to today's standards, since I don't like the one they just released. I used their new font as a basis to draw some custom numbers. I would also like to see them use more of this gold color that is now part of their scheme. Basically, I don't like them looking like the Browns, and the Browns aren't going to change, so BG has to. :P Consequently, I've also deleted the helmet stripe. The helmet logo is brown and white with gold highlights that mirror those found on the side stripes. The numbers have a little gold in them as well. Enjoy.

bowlinggreen.gif

KICK ASS. :notworthy:

Only suggestion I have would be to add that Falcon Gold outline to the striping on the side of the shirt and the pants on the home uni, and the Falcon Orange outline to the side of the shirt and the pants on the away uni. Other than that, beautiful.

i think these are good,but i like what they have now.

are you kidding me, their uniforms right now are god awful, quite possibly the worst in Football. What they need to do is go back to using the plain orange jersey they used to have with your standard drop shadowed block number font.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived