Blitz: The League Franchise Mode

Sodboy13

Saw the new preview video for Blitz at ign.com, and it shows some stuff for franchise creation. You pick your team's logo, primary, secondary, and tertiary colors, and then you have at it. From the looks of it, you choose a style for each part of the uni. The number of available styles is, well, plentiful.

Helmet styles: 80

Jersey styles: 72

Number fonts: 45

Pants styles: 18

Sock styles: 46

Yielding a grand total of 214,617,600 possible uniform combinations.

Great googley-moogley.

For sake of comparison, here's the number of available options from the best current uni creator, NCAA Football:

Helmet styles: 9

Jersey styles: 6

Number fonts: 5

Pants styles: 4

Sock styles: 4

Possible uniform combinations: 4,320.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Probably because that would involve concepts foreign and unknown to the folks at Tiburon, like "time" and "effort."

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

unless it involves already picked colors and/or logos, i just cant think of anywhere close to 80 helmet styles

1 stripe thin

1 stripe wide

2 thin flushed

2 wide flushed

2 thin seperated

2 wide seperated

3 narrow flushed

3 narrow seperated

3 wide flushed

3 wide seperated

titans style

broncos style

michigan

plain

just logo

number

???

thats only 16

signature.gif

October 18th, my friend.

I, for one, am counting the days.

Not to take this off-topic but I wasn't sure if this had been posted or not.

It has been confirmed, Ron Mexico will be in the game:

Here is the article from IGN:

"Ron Mexico in Blitz?

Midway doesn't have the rights to Vick, but Mexico still makes a great QB.

by Jon Robinson

June 23, 2005 - Midway's Blitz: The League, from day one, has been taking stabs at the NFL. Calling them the No Fun League. Signing Lawrence Taylor as spokesman, a player who then goes out and calls players of today a bunch of "pussies" (Read: Lawrence Taylor: Getting Blitzed).

The latest comes in a screenshot sent to IGN Sports directly from Midway. It shows a quarterback dropping back to pass, and that quarterback just happens to be named Mexico (Read: Ron Mexico if you don't know the story).

What's next, players using the Whizzinator?

Look for Ron Mexico and Blitz: The League to hit stores this October. And remember, if you're going to buy anything with the name Ron Mexico on it, make sure the item is double bagged. "

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I wouldn't buy a game as unrealistic and corny as the new blitz just for the sake of uniform customization. Maybe I'm just picky about playing realistic football, but blitz is not on my games-to-grab list. I'll merely sit and hope that the time will come when Madden will get this amount of customization in their series, as I slowly save up $700 for an xbox360 :(.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I wouldn't buy a game as unrealistic and corny as the new blitz just for the sake of uniform customization. Maybe I'm just picky about playing realistic football, but blitz is not on my games-to-grab list. I'll merely sit and hope that the time will come when Madden will get this amount of customization in their series, as I slowly save up $700 for an xbox360 :(.

Well said in some ways--I'm settling with Madden 2004 for now--but if they ever get it together and do like FIFA--which has a lot of uni templates--even better.

But for now I'll "suffer"--plus I'm not paying ridiculous prices for the consoles--more companies should get in on PC.

Maximum football where are you?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

This is basically a "Playmakers" video game. One of their writers helped developed the content and what not. You better believe this game is going to be anti-NFL!

With LT as their coverboy and spokesperson (and the model and voice of the "main character" who is a linebacker from New York), no NFL license (read: censorship), and endless customization possibilities, this game should be unlike any other football video game before it.

Doesn't mean I'll buy it, but I'll definitely rent it and check it out.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Maximum football where are you?

I'm wondering the exact same thing. That title needs to come out already. In the meantime, anyone got a copy of CFL '99 they can loan me?

As for Blitz not being realistic, well, I think that's kinda the point. It seems to me that in this league's alternate universe, the "realism" is focused on balls-out fun. They've created a football world where 1st-and-30, 8-on-8, no-refs football is the accepted standard. And, this is just me and my personal video game preference, but I'd rather spend my day flinging a ball downfield Tecmo-style than grinding through front-office minutiae, having to read elaborate statistics and renegotating contracts under a new cap structure. I want my football video game to be primarily about having fun playing football. Call me old-fashioned. :)

i dont know about NCAA being the best team-creator game, when you get right down to it, their options aren't really anything great and really dont allow for uniqueness. i always love creating teams, but im getting bored of their crappy logos they offer which dont change every year, and lack of variety in general. they really need to make it more extensive.

i always love creating teams, but im getting bored of their crappy logos they offer which dont change every year

That's one of the advantages of PC--not many but one any way.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Just went to their website and found out it's rated mature for:

-Blood

-Suggestive themes

-Use of drugs

-Violence

-Strong language

Grand Theft Auto meets football.

If you watched "Playmakers," this is pretty much the videogame version of it. Should be fun though...I can't wait to coke up my star player during halftime!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

You can also use the money your team earns to buy supplements for enhanced performance.

One such product is labeled "Flax Seed Oil."

*giggles uncontrollably*

Archived