Buffalo @ Tampa

jkrdevil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody else really not like the Bucs white pants? The pewter ones are so much better IMO.

I like the pewter pants better with the white jerseys..

.. but I love the white pants with the red jerseys. I really don't like the way the red/pewter looks, but the red/white is such a good look.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

The Bills don't always practice in the white helmet. In training camp they only broke them out 2-3 times. Furthermore, I'm not even sure that the Bills planned on wearing the throwbacks yesterday. Tampa was the home team and they decided to wear white. It is possible that the only dark uni the Bills had with them was the Kempies. Before the season started the Bills announced that they would don the throwbacks twice this season, but I think they will try to wear them more if permitted. They are a huge hit here in Buffalo.

Bills Go with Throwback Look

Whether it was superstition or just wanting to look good, the Bills decided to wear their throwback uniforms for the second straight week. According to a fan poll on Buffalobills.com, nearly 75% of Bills' fans supported the team's decision to sport the old time look.

When the Bills entered Raymond James Stadium Sunday morning for pre-game warm ups wearing their throwback uniforms, they surprised everyone in the stadium. The Bills ran out in their royal blue jerseys, black cleats and white helmets just as they did last week in the home opener. The result this week, obviously, did not favor the Bills.

After the game, many Bills' players said that the decision to wear the throwbacks really didn't matter. The next question is: Will the Bills wear the throwbacks again and when?

I also noticed quite a bit of pewter transfer onto the Bills' helmets:

19kb.jpg

21lt2.jpg

37gu.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

This is weird, I've never seen a throwback worn twice in a row. :blink:

The '94 49ers wore their throwbacks, both home and away, that year for about the final 12 games of the regular season, including the playoffs and Super Bowl.

Yea, but that was also the 75th anniversary of the league.

So? Not many teams wore their throwbacks more than once or twice that season.

i thought you could only wear alts twice in a year. Is that the same case with throwbacks?

As I recall, the Niners kept wearing the throwbacks for superstitious reasons, they were on a roll wearing them and wanted to keep it going.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This is weird, I've never seen a throwback worn twice in a row. :blink:

The '94 49ers wore their throwbacks, both home and away, that year for about the final 12 games of the regular season, including the playoffs and Super Bowl.

Yea, but that was also the 75th anniversary of the league.

So? Not many teams wore their throwbacks more than once or twice that season.

The NFL allows teams to don throwbacks twice during a regular season.Of course, any team can petetion the league to wear them more.

Can't believe you guys didn't know this already!!

The Bills players love their throwbacks and GM Donahoe said yesterday they may have chosen to wear them in consecutive weeks for superstitious reasons.

I listen to his radio show on Fridays.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I also noticed quite a bit of pewter transfer onto the Bills' helmets.

That's because T.B. kicked our asses but that's a topic for the sports forum.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind them wearing alts for the rest of the year. If anything they will be easier on my eyes.

tbbu19iz.jpgtbbu21nv.jpgtbbu44em.jpgtbbu36nw.jpg

Actually as a big Bucs fan I like all 4 combinations and am a little disapointed that they use the white pants so little. B)

Also I think that if done properly and matched with the white pants, a pewter jersey would look cool. At least it does when I do it on Madden, ha! :D

Actually as a big Bucs fan I like all 4 combinations and am a little disapointed that they use the white pants so little. B)

Also I think that if done properly and matched with the white pants, a pewter jersey would look cool. At least it does when I do it on Madden, ha! :D

i still wonder why the Panthers don't do this. They could.

i still wonder why the Panthers don't do this. They could.

Why would the Panthers wear a pewter jersey? ^_^

Why do the Panthers wear white pants with the white jersey, and not black???

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I really like the Bucs unis. I think the Red/Pewter is the best in the NFL. I like the white/pewter because it brings out and matches with the helmet. I like the white pants with both jerseys for a game or two, but not full time. Oh, and that's a great pic of Moulds when the refs DIDN'T call Offensive Pass Interference.

KISSwall09.jpg

Thank you! Pewter jersey, white pants. That would be awesome. B)

How about black jerseys with red numbers, along with the pewter pants? I'm thinking that would look slick as well.

6uXNWAo.png

How about black jerseys with red numbers, along with the pewter pants? I'm thinking that would look slick as well.

Probably would look good, but I don't want to see ANY more black jerseys.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Archived