Forsberg and the A

charger77

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if he is going to be an alternate captain at home then he will be an alternate captain on the road, so yes I would assume he would where an A on the road. Remember in hockey, unlike other sports, captain is a position that is defined in the rulebook and not just ceremonial.

Does anybody know if Peter Forsberg will be wearing an A on the road? Just want to know if I have to get an A for the Forsberg Flyers jersey I just had made up.

Thanks,

Dan

Just another reason to hate the Flyers...Peters Forsberg....and now the A.

I know what that A stand for in my book.

...I hate that guy.... :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Just another reason to hate the Flyers

What are your other reasons?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does anybody know if Peter Forsberg will be wearing an A on the road? Just want to know if I have to get an A for the Forsberg Flyers jersey I just had made up.

Thanks,

Dan

I'm pretty sure he'll be wearing a "P" on his jersey now. He had an "A" on his jersey when he was with the Avalanche.

:D

Thanks,

Dan

You'd love him if he was on your team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm pretty sure he'll be wearing a "P" on his jersey now. He had an "A" on his jersey when he was with the Avalanche.

If I get your logic, wouldn't he wear an "F" with the Flyers? :grin:

No, I think he's right. The Avs have a big "A" as their logo, while the Flyers have the winged "P."

Double A in Denver, Double P in Phila.

Edit:

The JRoll beat me to it by 17 seconds!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have no logic.

Who is currently Flyers captain anyways?

I've lost track of it all, it's been so long.

Former Whaler Keith Primeau

Yeah, because a few years ago Eric "Rico" Desjardins "resigned" as captain because he couldn't handle the pressure.

Desjardins got it because Lindros was stripped by GM Bobby Clarke.

No, I think he's right. The Avs have a big "A" as their logo, while the Flyers have the winged "P."

Double A in Denver, Double P in Phila.

Edit:

The JRoll beat me to it by 17 seconds!

Thank you fellas...I get it now. I was thinking A for Avalanche, F for Flyers...why, I don't know :D

I have no logic.

:lol:

Yeah but on some teams they have home assistants and road assistants.

Dallas and Colorado quickly come to mind

dan

the stars don't have "home and road" alternate captains, really... they have 2 pairs of alternate captains (morrow, zubov, guerin, and what was matvichuk, should now be stu barnes), but instead of being home/road captains, they simply rotate every 5 games... regardless of where the games are played.

Yeah but on some teams they have home assistants and road assistants.

Dallas and Colorado quickly come to mind

dan

the stars don't have "home and road" alternate captains, really... they have 2 pairs of alternate captains (morrow, zubov, guerin, and what was matvichuk, should now be stu barnes), but instead of being home/road captains, they simply rotate every 5 games... regardless of where the games are played.

Indeed.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/stars/wmedia/on120603.wvx

(from 2003)

Thanks,

Dan

You'd love him if he was on your team.

Never, never, never....

Archived