EA Sports...gone too far

leafs13

speaking of the AFL, I'd love to see AFL Premiership 2005 released over here :D though I know the only way I can play that is to order it from Australia and also get myself a swap disc and either a fliptop cover or slide card ;) (I don't plan to mod)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Or secure the rights to a real football league like the CFL. :mad: Yadda yadda yadda "economic viability". It would be an awesome game, and darn it, Maximum Football 1) isn't coming, and 2) just doesn't have the EA-level quality.

Or do I need to start naming former CFLers having (or who have had) a big impact on the NFL?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Holy Mickey Mouse..

Why do they need to secure the AFL?

to answer that, so EA can have real football leagues all to itself :evil:

like Midway's doing with Blitz, other developers will have to get creative if they wanna release a football game.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

By Tim Surette -- GameSpot

POSTED: 01/10/05 01:30 PM PST

Commercials for this were all over TV during the Arena Bowl if you missed it.

Yes.

This is quite old news, leafs13 - I saw the trailer for this game in mid-May. Good for Arena Football - Kurt Warner's game on the old Playstation is actually quite fun.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What's next WNBA!?! Who cares. I tried to give the game a shot I even went to a game back in the ol' Maryland Commando's days. It just doesn't cut it. :devil:

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

i seriously think this whole exclusive rights thing is getting out of hand with video games. the reason there are laws against monopolies is because competition makes products better. when you are forced to compete with someone else who is making the same product naturally you are going to make yours better than theirs. With these companies getting exclusive rights i think the games themselves are going to be lacking quality in the next few years simply because they won't have to try as hard to sell product if the consumer has no choice. personally i think video gamers everywhere are getting jipped by all of this.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Bob Ackles, who is the BC Lions president and CEO, has been on the local radio a couple of times talking about how the CFL game is in the works. In April, 2005, he said that CFL 2006 could come out in October-November range. Quite happy, EA Sports is taking a look at it.

Archived